Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best DDL websites?

One site that hasnt been mentioned here that I've used once in a while is Hd-dump,some good stuff and ofc it's all hd. The definition by Linkzbot was pretty helpful,I'd get those mixed up sometimes too.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    I think Sharkey (of Fileshare-Freak) was the one who invented (or at least popularized) the term "DDL"
    He invented the term?

Your probably giving him a bit too much credit.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    (I long ago gave up chastising Bittorrent users for using the word "leech" when referring to anything but a zero-share P2P 'parasite')
    I've always wondered what the bittorrent guys were smoking when they decided to use that term to describe that role.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkzBot View Post
    I think people have got DDL Sites and Warez Forums mixed up.

A DDL Site (Direct DownLoad) is traditionally a site that links to other warez sites. A warez site submits topics and posts on it's site to a DDL site and in return has a link to the DDL site someplace on the page. To keep the quality of the topics submitted high DDL sites usually have lots of rules such as the number they can submit, the file hosts and the quality of the topics. Some DDL Sites even rate the websites that submit out of 5 stars. Currently the biggest English DDL Site is PhazeDDL but Katz.cd was the biggest for years before it closed earlier this year. You can get a list of the biggest DDL sites in order of traffic at http://wrzc.org/type-ddl

Warez forum are completely different. These include sites like warez-bb and tehparadox where ordinary people can register and post topics with download links.

As DDL stands for direct download people have become confused as to what a DDL site is over the years especially in recent years where the popularity of the traditional DDL site where topics are submitted has reduced.
    You sir are probably the most educated newcomer, welcome! Such an insightful post, and I mean that!

http://nitroroms.com/ < console roms (host their own content (no wait times, 1 parallel download/time, donate more for higher quota, until bandwidth settles down; free user=1gb/day)), no voting bullshit.

Full list of consoles: http://nitroroms.com/list-of-systems

I miss the old tehparadox, liked it back when areg was posting. You should have a look at today; their "Off topic" section is filled with news pointless/immature 'news' articles (something Fox or TMZ might report on) and their laughter section is filled with Reddit reposts or some immature 12year old shit. Sad days

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    But then you'll see a lot of newcomers with negative postcounts and people would trade FST accounts elsewhere (because of the overtaxing requirement of writing something non-dumb) so that they can in turn trade here.
    Get rid of this trading thing and leave us in peace!
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 12-24-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Scenex.org is the shit

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tannersmith View Post
    Scenex.org is the shit
    Might be shit next year if they don't get their donation system back up (paypal acc cancelled).

http://scenex.org/news.php
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 12-25-2011 at 02:00 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Scenex.org is the shit
    they have copied the SCC theme?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Yeah, thats what's so awesome about it really. The interface is clean and looks like a torrent site. And they have pretty decent pretimes for a ddl site.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Yeah, thats what's so awesome about it really. The interface is clean and looks like a torrent site. And they have pretty decent pretimes for a ddl site.
    Yeah, but outside of a google search, it's a pain to try and search on that site.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    newsgroupie
    As "DDL sites" go, I'm surprised that FilesTube has not (yet?) been under legal assault, since this is one of the biggest sites on the internet related to file sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by temisturk View Post
    (I long ago gave up chastising Bittorrent users for using the word "leech" when referring to anything but a zero-share P2P 'parasite')
    I've always wondered what the bittorrent guys were smoking when they decided to use that term to describe that role.
    I've always assumed that they were completely "out of the loop" since the word leech was probably already the most widely understood word in the lingo of the P2P community. When the WinMX add-on Leech Hammer first came out, its function was fairly self-evident, just from the name alone. (Leech Hammer automated the process that most serious users were already doing manually; kicking leeches out of a person's download queue)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast