Thread: Arse!

anigav's Avatar Dicks-lexic
    Quote Originally Posted by evlo View Post
    ... mine was stupid me.
    What's new.. its a known fact..

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Rear fog lamp switched itself on and refused to go off tonight - all poultrygoose like. Why do these things always happen in the pitch dark and pissing rain like a fecking B movie?

Armed with a torch, screwdriver and car manual I removed the lens cover with an ominous crack of which there was no mention of in the instruction and removed the offending bulb so I might have the benefit of an unflat battery tomorrow. Burned fingers in the process.

Not happy. Looked up fault on the interwebs and it appears I am not the first to travel this road. Thank you Nissan
    You're so handy! Would you like to come over and help me fix my oven? This is not a euphemism. For obvious reasons it's not hot, so you can't possibly burn your fingers.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    You're so handy! Would you like to come over and help me fix my oven? This is not a euphemism. For obvious reasons it's not hot, so you can't possibly burn your fingers.
    Hypothetically, let's say he does come over and fix it. Exactly what did you have in mind for a testing/verification procedure?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

I'm glad it is not a euphemism 'cos I would be digging in the urban dictionary if it was

Generally an unhot oven has a either a blown fuse (usually 30 amp or similar and easy to fix) or the element is unhappy (not good). The other thing it could be is if the timer device is at the wrong setting.

You are now going to tell me it is a gas oven aren't you
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #15
    PS My car needs a new BCM, apparently, as the one in my car is confused. Feck! another day messing around with garages

On top of this, SGG ordered some clothes from her favourite supplier in Hong Kong and they have changed their shipper to a complete shower called Sky Net. I mean FFS! Sky Net? Wasn't that a step for a hint? After several phone calls and umpteen supposed attempts to deliver (but never leaving a card), on the very day I said I would be in their on line tracker says they are shipping the thing back to Hong Kong. The last and only previous time I encountered this mob I had to pay them to send the package by Royal Mail because they singualrly failed to deliver. A next day courier, no less, sending stuff via the postie. Nationalise the lot! Private sector efficiency? My arse!....I think this where I came in.

Rant over. If you send for something and they say the shipper is Sky Net be very afraid.
    Last edited by Biggles; 11-14-2011 at 09:55 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Oh! Fuck...

Skynet

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    In all fairness, mate, you do live out in the sticks a bit

I worked for my dad as a delivery driver twixt university and obtaining a jawb type job - I could never find anything, it was horrible. Unknown to dad, I used to pick my mam up on the way and we tried manfully to find these tricky to locate industrial parks together.
    Driving around for 8 hours a day with your mother is not as much fun as it sounds 0

What was my point ... oh yeah, being a delivery driver is really hard, it's probably your fault for living in a outer hebridean log cabin by the sea.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

I worked for my dad as a delivery driver twixt university and obtaining a jawb type job - I could never find anything, it was horrible. Unknown to dad, I used to pick my mam up on the way and we tried manfully to find these tricky to locate industrial parks together.
    Driving around for 8 hours a day with your mother is not as much fun as it sounds 0

What was my point ... oh yeah, being a delivery driver is really hard, it's probably your fault for living in a outer hebridean log cabin by the sea.
    Spending 8 hours a day in the car with my Mum would be...interesting

The company she uses (Yes Style) used to stun me with how quickly they got stuff from Hong Kong to the door. They generally use DHL who do seem to know where Scotlandshire is but this shower of absolute chancers...I mean the lies and excuses. "Let me check your phone number, Oh Noess!11 we had that down wrong". Of course I am in fact phoning them because they left a message on my fecking phone You couldn't make it up except they do. If they get a nose bleed north of Watford they should just say so, instead of pretending to deliver the freaking thing for days on end.

Oh well these little things are sent to try us.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

Spending 8 hours a day in the car with my Mum would be...interesting

The company she uses (Yes Style) used to stun me with how quickly they got stuff from Hong Kong to the door. They generally use DHL who do seem to know where Scotlandshire is but this shower of absolute chancers...I mean the lies and excuses. "Let me check your phone number, Oh Noess!11 we had that down wrong". Of course I am in fact phoning them because they left a message on my fecking phone You couldn't make it up except they do. If they get a nose bleed north of Watford they should just say so, instead of pretending to deliver the freaking thing for days on end.

Oh well these little things are sent to try us.
    'shower of absolute chancers'

I take it that the miff-age ometer reached unheralded heights recently - and hasn't quite yet returned to its default zen like state.
    Okay, your ire has altered my stance - the whole chancing lot of them should be strung up. If only for driving you to use 'freaking' in a post.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Hypothetically, let's say he does come over and fix it. Exactly what did you have in mind for a testing/verification procedure?
    Well, it's a moot point now, because.....

I'm glad it is not a euphemism 'cos I would be digging in the urban dictionary if it was

Generally an unhot oven has a either a blown fuse (usually 30 amp or similar and easy to fix) or the element is unhappy (not good). The other thing it could be is if the timer device is at the wrong setting.

You are now going to tell me it is a gas oven aren't you
    Turns out that I'd accidentally just switched off the power at the wall while cleaning or something else. 3 days it was before I realised. I was just about to pull the damn thing out and take it apart when the cold realisation descended upon me that I'd been an utter fuckwit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast