Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Love or Logic

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    You are... I am... we are... we do things that... I... weed.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lounge   -   #32
    anigav's Avatar Dicks-lexic
    Great to see that there are still some people who think love is love. Its something where you don't expect anything in return. Its more like a faith where one tends to be unconditional, its about caring and is selfless. Moment you start applying reasoning or logic to any relationship that is based on pure love then it is not love any anymore. It start taking all sort of ugly form like that of lust, greed etc. Very true love or logic can't live together. Honestly, you can't define or quantify love. Still love is a very loosely used and most abused word.

Yes, we all are logical, we like logic. But do we follow any limits or rationale in applying logic to all situation including love?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    You are... I am... we are... we do things that... I... weed.
    Best post you've ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by emailk2 View Post
    Its more like a faith where one tends to be unconditional, its about caring and is selfless.
    Unfortunately, the only people I've ever encountered who tout "unconditional love" are FAR from worthy of such care, or emotion. If one is worthy, they NEVER have need to mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Best post you've ever made.

Its more like a faith where one tends to be unconditional, its about caring and is selfless.
    Unfortunately, the only people I've ever encountered who tout "unconditional love" are FAR from worthy of such care, or emotion. If one is worthy, they NEVER have need to mention it.
    Very true.. they are so humble to say even these words. And anyone saying or using the word unconditional has in-fact already applied the logic or has some hidden agenda behind this.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Great to see that there are still some people who think love is love. Its something where you don't expect anything in return. Its more like a faith where one tends to be unconditional, its about caring and is selfless. Moment you start applying reasoning or logic to any relationship that is based on pure love then it is not love any anymore. It start taking all sort of ugly form like that of lust, greed etc. Very true love or logic can't live together. Honestly, you can't define or quantify love. Still love is a very loosely used and most abused word.

Yes, we all are logical, we like logic. But do we follow any limits or rationale in applying logic to all situation including love?
    I absolutely agree with everything you said in this particular post.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Lounge   -   #36
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by rejectOfAllah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    What I actually said is that it's the most intangible of intangibles. I described it that way to allude to its undefinable nature, we are in agreement.
    It's precisely this which makes me assert that it doesn't exist on its own. That it can only be experienced as a by-product of many, much more tangible, emotions.
    It's taken me a while to figure out how to phrase the answer to this... love isn't a by-product of those other emotions, it's the emotion which enhances all your other feelings for specific people. Often for no explainable reason. For example it's often not possible to explain why you love one person whilst not feeling love for a different person, who in real life might be someone who is seemingly much more your type... ergo love does exist.
    So you think that love is some kind of emotional enzyme. A catalyst to enhance the intensity of other emotions you feel for a person.

I would say that other emotions do this too - you must concur that Occam's razor dictates that my explanation is much more palatable than yours.
    Jealousy and infatuation oft go hand in hand and encourage each other to effect a manic spiral of actions the unafflicted would describe as mental. Deeply caring for someone coupled with an ingrained loyalty to that person can lead to a state approaching perfect altruism.

I suggest that the your last stems from the illogical nature of emotions; it might be more sensible for my missus to be scared of walking home from the pub alone than of spiders, instead she will stagger home and then pish in the kitchen sink cus there's a spider in the bath.
    We cannot plan or decide to feel excitement, panic or happiness. Just like we cannot decide which person our broiling menagerie of emotions will tell us that we 'love'.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I cannot believe she pished in the kitchen sink.

Trying to describe love in words is silly.
    Now go away.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Trying to describe love in words is silly.
    You mean illogical?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    I cannot believe she pished in the kitchen sink.
    I said that too. Are you me, at all.

'I can't believe you pished in the kitchen sink'
    'What else was I supposed to do, there was a spider in the bath'
    'Pish in the toilet?'
    'THERE WAS A FUCKING SPIDER IN THE BATH, ARE YOU DEAF'
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I suppose there has got to be something in the definition of love that includes the sink pisser not being subject to homelessness, or battery. If not loved, at least the minimum standard for such a relationship rises to "VERY good friend"- one whose urinary boundaries have become marginalized...

There's a time factor involved as well as the expectation that they would allow you to cross a similar foul line. Few would allow sink use violation on a first, or second, date- even if the sex is above average.

Perhaps this test could be used by daters who are uncertain if the relationship is "going anywhere".
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast