Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name@fileshare

Poster
    I know with K-Lite you can change the Network Name to whatever you want. But I've seen a lot of people with @fileshare for a name. However, not sure if they've just changed it, because their participation level is always zero. This suggests something else entirely. I didn't find an answer in FAQ or anywhere on the forums, so I posted. Just out of curiosity, where do these people come from?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    If their participation level is 0 or low, then its 90% chance that its not people using k-lite, its more likly people using a new client which changes your networkname to fileshare, or maybe even kazaa has implemented it so that people who click the dont share button get their networkname changed.

But anyway i dont know for sure what it is but if they have low paticipation level its most likly not kazaa-lite because most people who use k-lite would have k-lite master1000 participation level.

My name is Dax@Hacker

I love my name...

If you ever see that name you know its quality files cause i only keep the best. B)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I think its imesh, Sharman networks sold them a license to access the network a couple of years ago

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking@13 November 2003 - 02:06
    I think its imesh, Sharman networks sold them a license to access the network a couple of years ago
    Dunno if it's iMesh. I mean, not that many people have macs. The ratio of people with this name is far too high. Maybe you're right tho. However, if you are, then people that are actually paying the RIAA are in fact getting bombarded with the RIAA's fake files. And besides, they download pictures and videos from me too.
    When I find the answer, I'll tell ya. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND OUT!!!!

yes...i'm that bored.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by boxofslavery+13 November 2003 - 04:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boxofslavery @ 13 November 2003 - 04:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@13 November 2003 - 02:06
    Dunno if it&#39;s iMesh. I mean, not that many people have macs. The ratio of people with this name is far too high. Maybe you&#39;re right tho. However, if you are, then people that are actually paying the RIAA are in fact getting bombarded with the RIAA&#39;s fake files. And besides, they download pictures and videos from me too.
    When I find the answer, I&#39;ll tell ya. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND OUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

yes...i&#39;m that bored. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s IMesh users. Trust me.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I wasnt looking lol

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    The same people who have @fileshare also have files which work on Palm OS.

EDIT: nevermind the guy also has a plam os emulator

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    People who have @fileshare have programs that work on Windows xp so i doubt they all use macs.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Cotton i would just like to point out your Sig is wrong i ain&#39;t using IE6, im using MozzilaFireBird.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    o i got it from a site so

ill get a better sig soon.

Was it right about sub7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast