Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Forum Rocks.

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Good point taken up here. I have often wondered who it was at the other end of that keyboard - now at least a few faces are turning up to give clarity to my imagination. Allthough why i posted my pic is beyond me - seeing my face and comparing with my posts must really confuse people - how can a really great guy like that post such good stuff B)

Peace
    UKMan

2. Lounge   -   #12
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    a receptacle for the respectable

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Lounge   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hobbes-

Come on up north.

Clocker will be here for a few days the week after Thanksgiving-we'll go find some bikers and kick their asses.

It's getting cold here, but I could probably persuade some of the neighborhood kids to ride around a bit.

Seriously-

I think you and I both have thought about what it would be like to get a bunch of us together, kind of a forum summit.

I still think it would be a significant event, if it ever came to pass, and I'd lay odds that FC woud show (without his "biker" friends).

Remember that "What would you do if you had a billion dollars?" thread, or whatever it was?

If I had it, I'd finance a gathering that would leave the "Board Statistics" numbers at ZERO, 'cuz everyone would be at the "1st KLF Summit".

Attendance would be mandatory.

Think we might have some fun?

BTW-I drive through Louisville on my way back and forth to Georgia to visit; I'm mulling the idea of knocking on FC's door with a bottle of bourbon.

Think he'd turn me down?

Nah.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #14
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Hold up.I am kinda shocked at this whole thing.I know that you picked my name for real no Reason just to start a Thread(or I hope so).

And I only have a few Biker Freinds really.And I would not really call them Bikers, they just guys that Ride Bikes...Motorcycles...whatever.

I have gone over and Read a few of what People have said and from what I get People still think Bikers are Racist.Yeah maybe there is a few.But at every Rally I have been at or weekly Bike Show at the Local Bar when the few do show up there is no Comments and if there was I do not think I would be hanging with them People long.

I need to wake up some more and read over this whole Thread again.Do not know why my Name was Picked out of everybody.

*If that has anything to do with the you know what Threads(will not even use the name) then I am sorry.I am making fun of my own kind.....my Race.And when I say they should act like them selves I am not saying because acting like a Black Man(or whatever) is wrong because of the Race.*

*2ND EDIT:And no I am not offened.....just need to wake up.Maybe erase what I have Posted. *

5. Lounge   -   #15
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    @Hobbes

Gabba Gabba We accept YOU We accept YOU .... One of Us

"The Ramones"

Peace brotherdoobie

6. Lounge   -   #16
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@13 November 2003 - 02:58
    @Hobbes

"The Ramones"

Peace brotherdoobie
    Bump!

Peace brotherdoobie

7. Lounge   -   #17
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Ooo sorry.............was that me

Ok this forum does rock cos a lot of you guys I would happily consider friends

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #18
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@13 November 2003 - 14:20

Ok this forum does rock cos a lot of you guys I would happily consider friends

Just so-

Well put, Jonno.

BTW-see if you can mirror your av to right-hand status, eh?

Unless you're a lefty, of course, in which case your sig needs attention.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Sorry, this thread was just about how we have expectations about what people look and act like based on what we read about them and from them on the forum. I would imagine that seeing them in photo or real life might be a disappointment/shock in some cases.

Just like when you read a novel, you picture what the characters look like in your head. When a movie is made of that novel, most of us exclaim, "oh, he shouldn't look like that. How could you cast "x" in that role?"

I had just been looking at the pictures on Funky's web-page and I thought he was good example of someone who looks quite different than myself (a good juxtapostion). I had remebered him telling of the death of a friend and about how 500 or so bikers would be coming to town that weekend. I was imagining myself entering a bar filled with this crowd and their response to my rather boyish clean cut look. I would be wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm with Funky!"

So the thread wasn't about Funky, but rather he was just an example, to help illustrate my point. I posted an addendum later, simply to try an clarify this.

What would be really fun would be to be able to post a picture of what you think a person looks like, but that is technically challenging. Or better yet, have everyone submit a picture anonymously and let people attempt to match the picture with the poster.

But the fun about not knowing is that anyone could anybody at all. Hell, I could be Sandra Bullock for all you know? That is why this forum rocks, the possibilities are endless.

Edit: The problem I had with the first post was that I was playing on the "stereotype" of the intolerant leather clad biker for effect. And the apology was to indicate that I was not trying to imply that about Funky, himself.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @J2k4............Very good point...........Done it

@Hobbes..........Dude, why do you think I have my pictures and voice files posted all over the place?, as much as you all think cos I'm an extrovert, it's not, it's so you can see and here who I am and who you're chatting to I have ay least 1 pic of a lot of people here and my place, cos I like to know, IMO it does'nt matter what you look or sound like, if I like you, I like you plain and simple, nothing more, nothing less.

We are who we are, and will always be

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast