Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desktopverified

imported_stigeide
    How is this desktopverified, http://xlr.us/dv.php?get=1 .
    Is it safe?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    They have there own site, Snipples. Seems legit. But I'll wait for confirmation from others. Haven't tried it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    ok ive been running this for about a week
    and it seems k-lite approves of it seeing
    as there is a link in the web window to snipples
    i have had no problems and no pissy emails so
    i see it as legit. but you decide. no spyware i scanned with
    latest ad-aware plus and found absolutely nothing
    but the bogus 'cd_client.dll' in kazaa lite which suposedly
    isnt spyware and ill take their word for it seeing as i have never had a problem
    with k-lite. so i recommend this applicatiion but we will see what others have to say about it
    their site may be comercial but the software isnt. and you rarely have to go to the site
    unless you posting a verified to place in the database.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    imported_stigeide
    OK, thanks

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    yes it is super safe!
    I use it too!

And it works like a charm! Easy to download anything you like! Moviez, software or whatever!
    It is just a link that check's the sites that shares software or moviez that are real, so safe to download!

Have fun with it! (I do! )

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    In my opinion Snipples is a commercial site. It certainly contains advertising for commercial products. I am dubious about the content of the forums and suspect that some of the threads are fabricated.

The "program" is a database of sigs contained elsewhere. It contains quicklinks and not hashes, so difficult to decide on whether you want a file or not. It contains numerous duplications.

In order to join the forum and download the database you must supply an email address. Obviously it is up to you what you provide them.

All in the "program" itself may be of use to internet users who do not have the time or the knowledge to find things for themselves. If you want something like that then thatīs cool, however just be aware of the real situation. It is nothing like this kind of forum. i.e. a community of peers.

Cheers

JimF

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Rockt

"It is just a link that check's the sites that shares software or moviez that are real, so safe to download!"

What do you base that statement on.

Cheers

JimF

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    I like it...much faster searching through this than a website

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by JimF@9 February 2003 - 17:59
    In my opinion Snipples is a commercial site. It certainly contains advertising for commercial products. I am dubious about the content of the forums and suspect that some of the threads are fabricated.
    productS? as in, plural? no. one banner, no hits, to be removed next time I update the site. No idea what you mean by fabricated threads. You're free to discuss this with me personally if you're absolutely sure I'm lying about sometihng. =)

PS: For anyone else that had trouble with DesktopVerified, or don't trust it, there's another version now that's remodelled and loads faster, and reads from .html files that you can click on and run yourself without the program.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    I second that Notion but ya cant be too careful in this
    internet world full of dirties and duds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast