Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trend Micro Problem

MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Everytime I try to go to Trend Micro to scan my computer for viruses, it loads the update like its supposed to, and when it gets to 100% done, another box is supposed to pop up and start scanning. Well, instead of it scanning, I get a blue screen. I have Win 98 and I guess that's the cause of it, but is there any way to stop these blue screens? I don't have anything else running when its just about to scan, then I get that damn blue screen, right when its done loading my update. I would use the online Norton Scanner but it takes twice as long as Trend Micro. What should I do? Maybe Defrag and run Scandisk? I can't reformat just yet, because I have to scan my stuff for viruses first so I can back everything up. (I have about 2 gigs to backup onto disk ) Thanks for any help.

btw: I think the blue screen had Vxd or something like that on it. Sorry I can't remember.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Double Agent
    dunno how to help u there. but it works fine on my win2k pro machine

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    try re-installing it, as i have win98SE and it works 100% fine on mine

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Driver problem. But why are you using trend? That program is so outdated and poor.

http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/vxd.htm

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    why a online scan at all, don't you have a resident av thats on all the time

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by muchspl2@13 November 2003 - 03:37
    why a online scan at all, don't you have a resident av thats on all the time
    I haven't had much luck with those. Last time I installed McAfee Antivirus it screwed up my comp. I figure a online one is fast and quick.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by DL.@13 November 2003 - 03:33
    Driver problem. But why are you using trend? That program is so outdated and poor.

http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/vxd.htm
    Thanks for the link. I'll try it out.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    That's got to be the most irresponsible thing I've heard in some time!

With all the sources for norton corporate which runs fine on any thing, You are putting yourself and many others computers at risk. No wonder it crashes, you probably have all kinds of viruses protecting themselves from such scans by now.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Double Agent
    i have a firewall and antivirus running all the time and kept updated if my computer is on and connection to the internet.

frequent scans for adware/spyware

you can't get less than that.

really standard procedures to protect urself on the internet.

if your computer gets screwed then u really only have urself to blame...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by MusicChick+13 November 2003 - 10:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MusicChick @ 13 November 2003 - 10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@13 November 2003 - 03:37
    why a online scan at all, don&#39;t you have a resident av thats on all the time
    I haven&#39;t had much luck with those. Last time I installed McAfee Antivirus it screwed up my comp. I figure a online one is fast and quick. [/b][/quote]
    your pc is crawling with bugs, maybe hundreds

try http://www.grisoft.com its free and small (uses very few resources)

thats one of the biggest problem with fasttrack network, every file you share could be spreading it to helpless n00b&#39;s like yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast