Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable Providers Will Be Raising Speeds

Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I just ran into this topic over at the DSLreports forum. It appears that cable internet providers have already recieved downstream speed increases, and will soon be recieving upstream speed increases. Read more about it here.

I have noticed faster downloads lately, but I didn't know that Time Warner increased speeds. I really can't wait to see the new upload speeds. Filesharers rejoice!

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Sounds sweet.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    That is because they have to compete with DSL

DSL for Life&#33;

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Compete is what way? Cable is faster than DSL, and it&#39;s getting faster. That&#39;s a fact.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    *The Broadband Wars Begin&#33;*

DSL is not shared.....straight to the nearest office of your ISP.Cable is shared by all the other Internet users in that area using that service.

Can always tell when Downloading from somebody on Cable.....its up and Down.

I wait for a Counter Attack from the Cable People while the DSL Troops gather.

FC B)

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Even the most conjested cable lines are faster than average DSL, and you know it&#33; Please don&#39;t come with the "shared line/nearest office" mumbo jumbo. We all know it&#39;s marketing BS from the phone companies and it doesn&#39;t prove a thing. I&#39;ve had DSL before. It doesn&#39;t come close to my cable connection. It doesn&#39;t require that PPPoeP whatever crap either.

What do you have to say about DSL now?

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Does this apply to UK cable? (the speed increase i mean). I have NTL cable 600k and pay equivalent to &#036; 38 a month. Its quicker than ADSL, which is only about 512k.

I&#39;ll be changing ISP once my contract expires with NTL and get 2 mb/s ADSL for only &#036;45, normally you only get 512k for this price, but found a good ISP.

If cable increases speed i&#39;&#39;l stay with current provider.

Any info will be appreciated

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    No way thats in the US won&#39;t happen here too greedy for your pennies,don&#39;t forget dsl isn&#39;t always 2megs depends how many are on at a time cable (well mind never goes down) stays high and the upload is still only 256 unless you get synmatical think thats how it spelt,anyway same up as down.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    I don&#39;t know if it started but my connection just got faster, this past weekend. My dsl connection was 1MB dl, now it&#39;s 2MB.. Im still stunned at the fact I&#39;m getting these speeds..lol it surprised me. Thanks to my ISP for the early christmas present.. DSL Rocks&#33;&#33;

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Originally posted by keyz@13 November 2003 - 19:30
    I don&#39;t know if it started but my connection just got faster, this past weekend. My dsl connection was 1MB dl, now it&#39;s 2MB.. Im still stunned at the fact I&#39;m getting these speeds..lol it surprised me. Thanks to my ISP for the early christmas present.. DSL Rocks&#33;&#33;
    One of the Troops.The Cable Army is going down.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast