Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Up Bt On A 56k?

Is there any guides out to help me speed up my downloads and slow my uploads as my u/l are three times higher than my d/l?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    GUIT POSTING THE SAME THING TWICE. IF SOMEBODY KNEW WHAT THE FUCK YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE WOULD ANSWER YOU.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sorry forgot to mention im useing shadows experimental, what settings are best for a 56k ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i left it at the settings for dialup/isdn and ran netlimiter with it..are you using netlimiter yet?

"oh and theres about ten peers and three or more seeds "
    seems like you dont have many ppl sharing the file...and maybe not many have a fast connection...who knows for sure....

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    use netlimiter and u can cap your download and upload speeds

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Ive got netlimiter but what do u set the upload and download rate at ?
    have not had time to play around

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by toonmental@14 November 2003 - 07:03
    A v.90 56k connection is AT MAX THEORETICAL SPEED capable of only 53 kilobits/sec download and 33.6 kilobits/sec upload.

But you won&#39;t get max theoretical speeds... you&#39;ll probably connect at 40-50 kilobits/sec DOWNLOAD and upload is probably hovering around 20-30 kilobits/sec.

However, you can&#39;t just divide by 8 to get KiloBYTES/sec (KB/sec for short)&#33; There&#39;s lots of networking overheads, which means even at 50 kilobits/sec download bandwidth you can only download around 5-5.5 KB/sec.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you cant speed up 56k

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck+15 November 2003 - 07:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 15 November 2003 - 07:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toonmental@14 November 2003 - 07:03
    A v.90 56k connection is AT MAX THEORETICAL SPEED capable of only 53 kilobits/sec download and 33.6 kilobits/sec upload.

But you won&#39;t get max theoretical speeds... you&#39;ll probably connect at 40-50 kilobits/sec DOWNLOAD and upload is probably hovering around 20-30 kilobits/sec.

However, you can&#39;t just divide by 8 to get KiloBYTES/sec (KB/sec for short)&#33; There&#39;s lots of networking overheads, which means even at 50 kilobits/sec download bandwidth you can only download around 5-5.5 KB/sec. [/b][/quote]
    more like 2-3 KB/s
    none-the-less, us slow internet-connection guys are also human. If you gouge out our eyes with a hot iron rod do we not scream out in pain? If you gouge out n&#39;sync&#39;s eyes do we also laugh out with joy?

toonmental: If you&#39;re after big files forget about bittorrent. Choose something like shereaza or kazaa lite K++. Put the file on downlad and sit-back and relax, you&#39;ll get it eventually (in a month or so)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast