Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wupload Closing Affiliate Program

LemOnzoo's Avatar boy from andromeda
    It looks that Wupload is going to history:

To Our Valued Friends and Affiliates,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that as of November 27th, Wupload will officially be closing its affiliate program.

After an incredible period of growth in such a short period of time, we have had to make the tough decision to close our affiliate program as it is no longer financially viable for us to continue it.

Wupload’s file hosting service will remain active and technical support will still be provided as per usual, and our customer support system will remain active for any inquiries by members, whether free or paid.
    We encourage all users and affiliates to continue to use Wupload to store and share their files, and we will remain one of the most reliable and secure storage solutions in the business.
    We will honour all memberships that were already purchased by affiliates or by regular users.

Thanks to the loyalty and the hard work of all of our friends and affiliates, we were able to surpass our growth expectations in terms of traffic, but as anybody in the file hosting business can tell you, traffic does not always mean profitability.

Now, where does this leave you, the hardworking affiliate with unpaid earnings?

We are going to pay out every dollar owed to our affiliates. The affiliate program will close on November 27th, a Sunday, and the last payout will be November 30th, the following Wednesday.

Wupload could not have achieved the growth it did without the hard work, effort and enthusiasm that you all brought to our affiliate program, so I thank you and wish you all nothing but luck and good fortunes in your future endeavours.

Regards,
    Willy
    Wupload.com
    Code:
    http://www.wupload.com/news

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Bye bye, Wupload links.

It must have been good while it lasted.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    newsgroupie
    It's sad to see that Wupload has now started down the path of Rapidshare and Hotfile - soon to be ignored and forgotten. There's little doubt that the professional uploaders will abandon Wupload for the few other remaining services that still have a payout policy.

This is just the latest example of why people should resist the temptation to buy long-term accounts on any file hosting service. Wupload's prepaid 2-year account might have seemed like a bargain, but anyone who jumped on it will likely discover the well running dry long before that prepaid ends.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Bye bye, Wupload links.

It must have been good while it lasted.
    Not for me. For some unknown reason I could never reach the site.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    My comment was aimed at making money with their links (for those who did that), rather than the site in general.

I'm surprised you could never access it, it's never been down for me, although lately speeds were being quite slow.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i never really liked wupload(too many filehosters allready)

Every place has his time
    Last edited by johhny; 11-20-2011 at 06:00 PM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    I am guessing you are from India, the agencies had it blocked here and some other filehosts as well. You can still reach it using open DNS (instead of the ones provided by the ISP). Of course that won't be needed now, not atleast for wupload

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    One less in the pot.
    Curiously I kept using it for getting apps to my android phone, along with filesonic. Damn, I miss megaupload being the prime spot to get files from.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    One less in the pot.
    Curiously I kept using it for getting apps to my android phone, along with filesonic. Damn, I miss megaupload being the prime spot to get files from.
    Why isn't megaupload the prime spot anymore? They are still just as popular as ever and nothing has changed with their policy. If you know which forums to look in you'll find plenty to download with megaupload.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    newsgroupie
    The results of ending the pay-to-post program were immediate. Traffic on the site has already taken a steep nose-dive.

Download speeds for free users are also not what they used to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast