Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is There An Easier Way?

Man I'm fed up of trying to encode movies, a yr ago it wasn't a problem, things were nice and simple

Now with the damn intro of AC3 audio in movies, damn it can't take it anymore.

I've tried, and always failed, can you guys please direct to failproof prog\site\guide\etc?

I'm hopless at this lark, sort me out plz, and another thing, I've heard about Kvid, but can find anything when I do a search about it, wot the heck is it? Is it an easier way to make a vcd?

Thanks guys, as you can see I'm seriously frustrated, it dunt help when family and\or my girlfriend man to watch a film on their dvd players.

Sheesh!!! Help out a fellow "dunt know nowt" guy!

Thanks again

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    muchspl2
    kvcd in my sig
    you need to use tmpgenc to convert all your movies
    you need to have the correct tmpgenc settings
    you need to remove all the bad frames BEFORE you try to convert

tmpgenc in my sig
    remove bad frames with this
    http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net/
    match you settings to these, don't worrie about any you don't have, whats important is what you do have

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ack ACP is shit IMO i had it up 2 days and it didnt even get close to finishing

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl2
    get a better computer, I can make a kvcd in about the same time as it take to encode a reguler vcd/svcd
    I think your problem is that the prediction was trying find the proper bitrate to get the best picture in one disk, some time it takes awhile, but not more than a hour
    how long does it take you normaley to encode?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    ya i got fed up wit encoding 2, untill i relized my good ol laptop had tv-out, i figured out how to use it and its always been good...taking to friends and watching movies w/o encoding was awsome...tell my laptop died, RIP......

if i was you id spend a few bucks (probly like 50) on a cheap vid card w/tv-out...althought the memory on the card wont be alot, like 64 its still good....trust me man, you will love it...

now i have a badass rig,(sorry, i just love this thing )

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I've got an ATi 9700 pro, its pretty much upto anything you throw at, tv out and stuff like.

But! The vcds are for my family and my gf's family
    so the TV\out (which I already use) aint that much help. On a laptop I can see it being amazing, but thats alot of money needed!

Man its soo annoying, just about managed to sort out my first AC3 movie, checked it out, but the damn audio is out of sync damn it! Argghhhhh!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    muchspl2
    like I told you, you must remove bad frames BEFORE you even think about encoding

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    rather having TmpgEnc encode the audio, you can use a program like BeSweet to convert the AC3 file to MP2 and downsample it to 44khz.

then encode the video with TmpgEnc, and use TmpgEnc's Mpeg Tools to mux the video stream with the audio stream that BeSweet created.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@19 October 2003 - 20:04
    ya i got fed up wit encoding 2, untill i relized my good ol laptop had tv-out, i figured out how to use it and its always been good...taking to friends and watching movies w/o encoding was awsome...tell my laptop died, RIP......

if i was you id spend a few bucks (probly like 50) on a cheap vid card w/tv-out...althought the memory on the card wont be alot, like 64 its still good....trust me man, you will love it...

now i have a badass rig,(sorry, i just love this thing )
    sure is great divx and tv out on laptop or desktop is the wtg, i hated converting my downloads, no more here, Divx rules.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@19 October 2003 - 23:43
    rather having TmpgEnc encode the audio, you can use a program like BeSweet to convert the AC3 file to MP2 and downsample it to 44khz.

then encode the video with TmpgEnc, and use TmpgEnc's Mpeg Tools to mux the video stream with the audio stream that BeSweet created.
    Yeah I used Besweet to get the out of sync movie I got, k, ok, now I'm feeling less peed off, I'm gonna have a go at what you just said. I have been thinking about, just haven't been botthered to do it.

Thanks for the input guys.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast