Thread: Copy Protection In Max Payne 2?

My friend's going to mail me Max Payne 2 ie copied from the original cds, but he's not sure if any copy protections are there but said he'll try his best, however I would like to know if there are any copy protections for copying MP2 and if so how do you remove them?

Would simply making an image and buring it would do it?

Also dies a copy protection mean you can't even copy the cds or that the installed game will not recognise the cd? If so will a back up cd crack take care of the problem?

Thanx,

|Cain|

2. Games   -   #2
    muchspl2
    the 2 types of protection on MP2
    SecuROM 4.85.04.0018 or SecuROM 4.85.07.0022

unless your friend knows what he is doing you won't get a working copy, tell him to get cloneyXXl
    probably the easiest way

3. Games   -   #3
    The copy protection makes it hard to make a working image of the game.

The best way to copy games is to get a copy protection detection tool and scan the disk with it and it should tell you what protection its got on their and what setting u need to burn it.

If you cant be stuffed doing that, (like me) just copy and paste the disks on ur hdd and then download a no cd patch for it then burn.

Its ok for single player games because you never really have to update it unlike multiplayer games where you have to wait for a no cd patch to be made after a new release comes out.

When you get the game and it asks for the cd go to megagames and find a patch for it.

4. Games   -   #4
    i want the original image of mp2 like mp fm sharereactor coz i can play kungfu mod n animatrix on it. im sure mods will b out for mp2 so i want the original cd image damn cracks disables the mods

5. Games   -   #5
    Double Agent
    make sure you tell ur friend to make a 1:1 copy of the cd he has...

otherwise the cd protection wont let you play

6. Games   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by winXPHE@13 November 2003 - 13:00
    i want the original image of mp2 like mp fm sharereactor coz i can play kungfu mod n animatrix on it. im sure mods will b out for mp2 so i want the original cd image damn cracks disables the mods
    Uhm, you can play mods on the Deviance release of MP2.

I play them myself...