Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Download Speeds

imported_computerfreak76
    http://dslnuts.com/files/CABLENUT_UPDATE.exe]

also there is the update add-on for cablenut

it has alot more types of connections and it should have yours!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Well, I look at it like this, the more people that are in your neighborhood using the network your on, the slower things are gonna be. That may be the problem, in which case is beyond your control.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    imported_computerfreak76
    yes thats another good reason to get DSL

ive talked to the people at roadrunner about the speeds being lower if alot of people in my neighborhood have cable and they SWEAR this wouldn't be a problem but I'm still a bit wary.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by computerfreak76@10 February 2003 - 23:40
    www.cablenut.com

dont be fooled by the name it works for ALL connection types

test your bandwidth 5 times before installing program then test after installing and see how much better your results are.
    Excellent program, I give it thumbs up! B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    It doesnt really matter what connection you have , it all comes down to the connection of your source
    For example you have broadband but the person you are downloading from has dial-up
    You cannot download faster then his (or her) connection allows and the limitations they put
    on their kazaa , so try to download from broadband users and its go much faster.
    I download 8 to 15 mp3`s everyday and im on dial up
    i leave my comp on when i go to work ,
    some programs take time but im not really concerned since you get them for free
    How long do you have to save your money to buy proffessional software
    And when you get it do you know its worth it...
    And about movies : you are wasting time downloading movies cause on DVD
    they look and sound alottta Better Trust Me...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    If your cablemodem provider has a 100mbps fiber trunk line that your connection links into to go back to their server/internet port, you'll need a LOT of cablemodem users in the area maxing out their connections to be able to blame the 'shared line' nature of cablemodems as the problem.

The fact of the matter is, once dial-up/DSL/cablemodem connections are at the ISP's server internet portal level, the limiting factor is how fast their servers and internet portals are moreso than the rest of the infrastructure.

If they've only got a single T-3 (~45mbps) to service 100 cablemodems, then if everyone was going 'wide open' they'd only get about 450kbps each.
    If they've only got a single T-3 (~45mbps) to service 100 DSL lines, then if everyone was going 'wide open' they'd only get about 450kbps each.
    If they only have a single T-1 (~1.5mbps) to service 50 56k modems, then everyone going 'wide-open' would only get about 30kbps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12