Thread: Non-specific Searches

i love the K++ 203 i can finaly do non-specific searches in kazza!
    just dont fill anything in in the main search for box click the topic ur interested in then click on more search options and then fine tune it by selecting a option then click on search

IE. click documents then on more search optons check the category box and select science fiction from the drop down menu then make sure theres nothing in the search for box click search and BAM u just did a search for all the docs in the sifi category

or do it in the video media type-> more search -> check category -> select Sifi from the drop down menu

so now u can browse by media type and category with out knowing what u want exatley

this is the best thing to happen to kazaa since it came out thanx and cudos too the great work that the peps at klite and k++ u guys rock!

Btw is it posable that u could add .txt and .lit to the "documents" category instead of the "other" category

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Yeah it's a nice feature, but it's explained on the main search page, but its ok to tell more people that don't know.

Search Tips:

If you click on More Search Options, you can define some extra search parameters. Such as minimum bitrate for MP3 files. Or minimum filesize for video files. More Search Options is not available when you search for Everything.

In More Search Options, there are a fixed number of sizes. If you want to use a different value, just select the closest one and change it to the desired value.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    I like the "clear search history" feature

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by kAb@13 February 2003 - 20:13
    I like the "clear search history" feature
    That's a very nice feature for clearing out stuff especially ones you don't want people to see. It's always been there though, use to be purge searches.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@14 February 2003 - 05:01
    Yeah it's a nice feature, but it's explained on the main search page, but its ok to tell more people that don't know.

Search Tips:

If you click on More Search Options, you can define some extra search parameters. Such as minimum bitrate for MP3 files. Or minimum filesize for video files. More Search Options is not available when you search for Everything.

In More Search Options, there are a fixed number of sizes. If you want to use a different value, just select the closest one and change it to the desired value.
    no no no i not talking about what it says there
    its just that now it is there u can search with out puting any thing in the main "search for" box at top so u can just search for a type of video without puting in a name for it so it shows every Video out there u can use it as a sorta browes the network type thing. it talks about useing them as "extra search parameters" im talking about useing them as the only parameters the way it was before u had to kida know what u where looking for in the search now u can just browes it to see whats new out there i use to go on usenet too see what was new but now i dont have too i can just browse the fast track net too see though i do still use the news groups for the newest stuff and of chorse i share them in kazaa when i get them
    try it just dont have anything in the "search for" box at top its Killer