Thread: Looking for an NFO designer

Heart

---
    Last edited by Groxxxy; 02-27-2021 at 07:48 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ---

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Does it really matter, its an nfo which no fucker looks at anyway, but if you want it perfect for no reason at all, then up to you.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ---

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Ditto, does anyone actually give a shit about the art in an nfo file, or do they find it obnoxiously annoying? Just some details for a usenet post, that's the reason I thought it exists.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ---

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Ditto, does anyone actually give a shit about the art in an nfo file, or do they find it obnoxiously annoying? Just some details for a usenet post, that's the reason I thought it exists.
    It's only annoying to me if the .nfo is autostripped and automatically pasted into the torrent description, meaning I have to scroll down and through whatever annoyance artwork is posted there... personally I just prefer the info I'm after in an nfo, not a picture made out of characters on a keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    It's only annoying to me if the .nfo is autostripped and automatically pasted into the torrent description, meaning I have to scroll down and through whatever annoyance artwork is posted there... personally I just prefer the info I'm after in an nfo, not a picture made out of characters on a keyboard
    If you want some real art made from ascii, start a telnet session and type in this command: towel.blinkenlights.nl

(windows supports telnet but in Windows 7 the client is not loaded by default it is an optional extra which can be added through the control panel, all other versions though simply start a command line session and type telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl, in Linux simply start a terminal session and type in the same command).

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    If you want some real art made from ascii, start a telnet session and type in this command: towel.blinkenlights.nl

(windows supports telnet but in Windows 7 the client is not loaded by default it is an optional extra which can be added through the control panel, all other versions though simply start a command line session and type telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl, in Linux simply start a terminal session and type in the same command).
    Very impressive, but the point I was trying to make, in my own mind anyway, is that an .nfo file is exactly that, for info not artwork... I can see why people like the OP want to do it and keep up the tradition, but in response to mjmacky's question, I was one of those who found it more an irritation than anything else
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.