Thread: Samsung SF310 removing the hard drive

I'm currently looking into getting a new laptop and come across the samsung SF310 which seems like a decent fast laptop. only thing thats holding me back is i want to replace the hard drive with a SSD drive... I cant find any videos or guides of how to install a new one. does anyone know where i can find such information about doing this?

I don't want to get a laptop where i have to remove half of the parts to install a hard drive. it is a compact laptop so it could be hard... apparently the laptop battery is built in as well :-/.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    According to this vid...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I8EU6SiWdw...the HDD and RAM both live under a standard (easily accessible) cover on the bottom.
    The built in battery would definitely be a deal breaker for me.
    I've seen numerous instances of a bad battery preventing a laptop from turning on even with the AC adaptor plugged in.
    Remove battery, problem solved.
    Should something similar happen to this model, you own a brick.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Got mesel' a 120GB SSD as my tower's system drive after trying out a 60GB and liking the speed improvement, then thought about putting the 60 in my laptop... but I worried about write counts and how long it'll last with temp files constantly being created/deleted/trimmed.
    Flogged it on ebay instead.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If you don't have access to a Desktop to clone the drive you can purchase a product like this and swap out the Optical drive on the Laptop. Then you can use a program like Trueimage or Clonezilla to clone the drive with minimal effort. I find Optical drives to be redundant in today's computing world and this is a good option to upgrade and expand the storage capacity of a laptop with minimal effort.