Thread: Recommend mkv 2 iPod/iTouch software

bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Any recomendations? I did some google searching but I tend to be leery of progs that say that they are free or the best. It is an early generation iTouch and want to use an easy 1 click prog to convert some of his HD stuff to his iTouch. Your help or suggestions would be appreciated!
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    I have no experience or whatsoever with any istuff, but vlc has always been a solid alternative on all platforms.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I've been using Badaboom (www.badaboomit.com) to do my transcoding. It can use your Nvidia video card to accelerate the process.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Since mkv support for iphone seems to be terrible, and you can't even use it as mass storage... ridiculous.

Anyways, many of those MKVs you have don't necessarily have to remain MKVs. You can use an MP4 muxing program, like MP4box, that way you can get the video and audio streams into a compatible container. This is not the same thing as encoding/transcoding, rather, it's essentially the same thing as remuxing. That's probably the quickest way, since I didn't see any non buggy recommendations for MKV playback on iCrap devices.

Many of the audio and video formats compatible with MKV are also compatible with MP4. Even though they might be compatible with MP4 doesn't necessarily mean the codecs will playback with your device. Apple is really restrictive with this. There's also m4v, but I'm actually not too familiar with the software for that container myself.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.