Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9's Plan to Turn Around the Economy

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    I totally agree that all drugs should be legalized.
    Narcotics need to be regulated. After living with morphine and oxy-codone as a regular part of my life due to serious, life-limiting pain, I see how these drugs bring about a "need" in the human body which is greater than the human body can self-regulate- god knows how much I would (and others without need) be taking if I could purchase unlimited quantities at a grocery store.

It is easy to feel lied to about drugs from the perspective of pot being so over-played. However, marijuana and narcotics are two VASTLY different topics.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    I totally agree that all drugs should be legalized.
    Narcotics need to be regulated. After living with morphine and oxy-codone as a regular part of my life due to serious, life-limiting pain, I see how these drugs bring about a "need" in the human body which is greater than the human body can self-regulate- god knows how much I would (and others without need) be taking if I could purchase unlimited quantities at a grocery store.

It is easy to feel lied to about drugs from the perspective of pot being so over-played. However, marijuana and narcotics are two VASTLY different topics.
    Also, regulation and illegalization are different things. I feel marijuana regulation should fall in line with alcohol regulation, only after the age restriction is brought back down to 18. The criminalization of narcotics users doesn't have any sense in it. I could understand a confiscate and destroy upon discovery practice, but not arresting someone high on a narcotic unless they are operating machinery/vehicle that requires lucid awareness.

Full disclosure, I do not currently use any substances, nor have I ever been addicted or regularly used any substances in the past (including alcohol, marijuana, synthetic narcotics, prescribed medications, etc.). Surprisingly, I turn out to be a lot more boring than any would have imagined. I have had a bad reaction to marijuana every time, I get nauseous without getting high. Beers tend to require mass consumption before I feel anything. Wines dry out my throat and give me splitting headaches (but I love them). I don't like the taste of hard liquors. I've never been prescribed an antipsychotic or antidepressant. I was once on some pain medication, though I cannot remember which one or finding it all that effective. Never had an interest in trying any other narcotics, natural or synthetic. So, basically, I have absolutely no personal motives for decriminalization/legalization of these substances other than pure logical merit.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

there is no way we will ever be able to pay you back.

Think about it this way.

Let's say some guy has a 15 Trillion dollar credit card balance. He makes the minimum monthly payment on it and then turns around and uses it to buy more stuff with it. He hits his credit limit and asks for them to raise his credit limit, and strangely enough, they do. Year after year he continues to spend freely with his huge credit card, always going deeper and deeper into debt and never paying off the balance.

In the past he had a high paying job in manufacturing, and maybe back then he could have paid off the balance at some point, but now he has a crappy job in the service industry at Wal-Mart where his company imports crappy things from China and sells them to stupid customers in the United States. There is no way he can ever make enough money to pay it back, but yet the credit card company keeps raising his credit limit, over and over again.

Does that sound familiar to you?

Does it sound like the credit card company (foreign investors) will ever get paid back?
    I'll answer my own question.

NO!

And here's more proof of what I just said...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...-debt-ceiling/

We ran through that "credit limit" already and now we need to raise our credit limit on our 15 Trillion Dollar credit card again.

We are going to keep on doing this over and over again until foreign investors finally realize that any loans they give to us are really gifts because we will never pay them back.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I wish you could take control of the budgetary decision making in the U.S., 9. I would like to watch the results from afar though.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123