Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cable And Dialup At The Same Time?

OK folks I'm a happy cable broadband user, However I'm trying to setup a Dialup acc to use in my laptop anywhere there is a phoneline when am not home. B)

My question is, what do I have disable or enable in order for this to work properly, and would I loose my cable information from dos once I use dialup. I try unpluging the cable plug from my laptop and just plug the phoneline and I had no luck it wouldnt dial am sure I have to go to the properties somewhere and enable/disable something.

ANY SUGGESTION?
    Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I'm not sure but why don't you get yourself a wireless internetconnection?
    They have the same speed as cable so i don't see why you want a dial-up connection?
    But,that's just a suggestion ofcourse

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    it is poss, if im getting you right.

it depends on your OS what to check, but really, it should work. try going to Internet Connections...there should be the "dialup" icon , which you can right click-connect.

What windows do you have and have you set up the dial up connection?

edit: and if he aint at home, wont he need an incredibly powerful wireless transmitter? esp if he goes out of the country?
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@13 November 2003 - 22:04
    edit: and if he aint at home, wont he need an incredibly powerful wireless transmitter? esp if he goes out of the country?
    You could be right.I&#39;m not so familiar with the wireless internet yet.
    But I tought they had special wireless connections for laptops.
    But then again;I could be wrong.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@13 November 2003 - 21:00
    I&#39;m not sure but why don&#39;t you get yourself a wireless internetconnection?
    They have the same speed as cable so i don&#39;t see why you want a dial-up connection?
    But,that&#39;s just a suggestion ofcourse
    wireless same speed as cable ......ahahhahahahaha

what are you fucking dumb&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i think theyre more just incorporated wireless LAN cards, so that you can sit downstairs etc and surf...i find it much easier to use my 10m cable...it runs nicely to the sofa (only downside is you have to watch out for it, cos its like a tripwire&#33
    <insert signature here>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by .hack+13 November 2003 - 23:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.hack @ 13 November 2003 - 23:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~FunK_mOb~@13 November 2003 - 21:00
    I&#39;m not sure but why don&#39;t you get yourself a wireless internetconnection?
    They have the same speed as cable so i don&#39;t see why you want a dial-up connection?&nbsp;
    But,that&#39;s just a suggestion ofcourse&nbsp;
    wireless same speed as cable ......ahahhahahahaha

what are you fucking dumb&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    same as adsl for sure&#33;Friend of mine got wireless internet at adsl speed.
    I&#39;m even thinking about changing to wireless internet myself after looking at the speeds of his connection.So I can finally get rid of the 7 meters of phonecable spread across my appartment.
    And i don&#39;t think there&#39;s much difference between cable and adsl if it comes to speed.
    You had a bad experience with a wireless connection?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    control panel or tools in internet explorer>connections> tick the box where it says "dial whenever a network connection is not present". you will need to set up a dial-up connection first this should do what you ask, when your cable isnt connected it should then try and dial out using the modem

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    i saw something on TechTV a while ago about connecting with 2 modems at the same time. they said it doesn&#39;t work because the computer wouldn&#39;t know what to use to download the webpage. you can try it though. try modem linking or whatever it&#39;s called.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    GOIT to work thanks guys////

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast