Thread: Don't trust information you find on the internets

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I have an alleged parking violation in San Francisco 5 months back. It was for like $130 for parking more than allotted time or whatnot. In deliberating my course of action, I read up online what SF does with unpaid parking tickets. Some of the things I came across include
    SF will:
    boot your tire
    block your registration/license renewal in California

SF has not been known to:
    send you to collections

So, it's not like I trusted the testimonies found from google queries, I just decided to do nothing (hasn't done much harm in the past). San Francisco sent me to collections. That's where their panhandling attempts will remain.

-deadbeatlacky

P.S. There's no moral to the story, San Francisco is spreading all lies on the internet. Clearly. Their summers are cooler than their winters, they're not to be trusted.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    There IS a moral to the story, it's "Don't believe everything you read on the internets".

I don't believe anything you wrote by the way, and you shouldn't believe the above either.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    You don't believe anything he said?

So he didn't get a parking violation but that he did pay it. Whew, he's one sick puppy.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    That's one hell of a non-secateur, but yes. Yes he is.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    There IS a moral to the story, it's "Don't believe everything you read on the internets".

I don't believe anything you wrote by the way, and you shouldn't believe the above either.
    No one should ever believe what I write, but rather they should use the information to construct a conditional state from which to operate for purposes of reflection. Either that or ignore it completely, works for most.

I am weary of that moral, which is why I took a monkey wrench to it and threw it away into the title (the most irrelevant part of a lounge thread).

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by temisturk View Post
    You don't believe anything he said?

So he didn't get a parking violation but that he did pay it. Whew, he's one sick puppy.
    More like assume I'm a little girl that doesn't have a car or a license. Also, lots of men touch me inappropriately, but no one knows since I am sworn to secrecy.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    but yes. Yes he is.
    And I guess we now know why.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    More like assume I'm a little girl that doesn't have a car or a license. Also, lots of men touch me inappropriately, but no one knows since I am sworn to secrecy.
    PM with photos sent...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

If by "little girl" you are speaking metaphorically I like totally believe you.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-28-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    If by "little girl" you are speaking metaphorically I like totally believe you.
    Literally, I'm too young to use metaphors.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    PM with photos sent...
    I heard another lady describing herself as a dirty whore. I feel like the same as her, why is that?
    Last edited by mjmacky; 11-28-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost