Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Repairing Scratched Cd's.

Forum Star
    It could damage your microwave permanently, because a CD contains metal.

I've been doing this a couple of times myself because my microwave can even handle spoons, it's a great way to get rid of those stupid CD's you get from people you don't like...
    "That CD you gave me - it's broke - look!"

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Bender@10 February 2003 - 06:10
    It could damage your microwave permanently, because a CD contains metal.

I've been doing this a couple of times myself because my microwave can even handle spoons, it's a great way to get rid of those stupid CD's you get from people you don't like...
    "That CD you gave me - it's broke - look!"

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+9 February 2003 - 19:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 9 February 2003 - 19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--zapjb@9 February 2003 - 12:57
    Paste not gel. Wet it. All cotton terry cloth wet it also. apply no more than 1/2 inch paste to towel. Outward linear light application motion. Then rinse off. Shake off all excess H2O. Dry with clean, dry all cotton terry cloth (same motion). Hey if it&#39;s still scratched, try the same steps except outward light application motion. Try circular or other motion & use slightly more force. Good luck.
    Ummmm ok. [/b][/quote]
    God, It&#39;s a good thing I knew what you were talking about. By the description, it sounds like something FC.
    does. And I aint talkin about cds . Just bustin your balls FC.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by chev24grd+10 February 2003 - 18:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chev24grd @ 10 February 2003 - 18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 February 2003 - 19:00
    <!--QuoteBegin--zapjb
    @9 February 2003 - 12:57
    Paste not gel. Wet it. All cotton terry cloth wet it also. apply no more than 1/2 inch paste to towel. Outward linear light application motion. Then rinse off. Shake off all excess H2O. Dry with clean, dry all cotton terry cloth (same motion). Hey if it&#39;s still scratched, try the same steps except outward light application motion. Try circular or other motion & use slightly more force. Good luck.

Ummmm ok.
    God, It&#39;s a good thing I knew what you were talking about. By the description, it sounds like something FC.
    does. And I aint talkin about cds . Just bustin your balls FC. [/b][/quote]

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Poster
    this is art man

looks like fractals:

//Peter

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    These cd pictures look really cool and I think it would be neat to put your AOL cds in the microwave then hang them up after you are done. Or better yet how about get an old microwave you don&#39;t want anymore and burn ten AOL cds in it one at a time. One cd for 3 seconds one cd for 5 one cd for 10....etc..etc Oh make sure you do this at a FRIEND&#39;s house not your own. Then after you are done getting all the different type of burnt cds you could post them into a frame and set it on your wall like little trophies.

If you guys want to try something that&#39;s kind of cool and doesn&#39;t damage your microwave then cut a grape in half and set it on the middle of the microwave. Make sure you leave the peel in tact though so the halves are still connected together by just the peel. It should make some cool sparks and the worst thing that can happen is that you will get a really warm grape. They taste okay after they are done too.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Yah yah yah. I&#39;ve collected a bunch of aol cd&#39;s because my dad once told me a group was collecting them, and when they reach 1 million, then they will deliver it to aol&#39;s doorstop. I think its kinda funny. Everyone should do the cd trick. It doesnt dammage your microwave, but be careful not to burn the cd, i suggest a plate of somesort that you dont want anymore. i did a cd for 3 then 5 then 7 then 8 then 10 for fun, and it burned the glass plate. DONT PUT A PAPER TOWLE UNDER, it could catch fire, which is really really bad. Oh, it does sometimes make this burning cd smell, so watch out&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Poster
    http://www.nomoreaolcds.com
    1,000,000 Unwanted AOL CDs

jippie ka jee

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    And might be a good idea to warn people...because I am sure lawsuits could happen over an idea like this.&nbsp;

I can see it now...mommy mommy this kazaa lite board God said it was alright.&nbsp;
    LOL

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Nobody: could I use your cracked cd pic as a avatar? Is there a way to do that?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast