Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Repairing Scratched Cd's.

Originally posted by dingoBaby@12 February 2003 - 19:11
    Nobody: could I use your cracked cd pic as a avatar? Is there a way to do that?
    I sent you a PM about that.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    @dingoBaby.

Looks like it works!

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    this is art man

looks like fractals:

Dude,

That is art and before I got to the bottom of your post, I was thinking it looked like fractals. Looks like great minds think alike.

NOTE: Fractal art sells like hotcakes.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    My "Zapped cd fractal art" is now for sale. Any bids? And by the way the images you see here have been reduced and compressed. The original images will be included with the item.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Most of the scratches are found on the CD plastic film (polietylen film) used to protec the metalic film where the data is recorded, which is usually intact. So, if we polish the plastic film with an abrasive chemical will make its surface regular once again. Most known are: brush paste, car wax bought at supermarkets (donīt try the ones used by professional painters which too abrasive), metal polisher (liquid). Use a cottom bal with the brushpaste, carwax, etc over the scratched surface till it gets regular. Clean it with water and soap and check it out. Repeat the process till you get a good result.
    I have done this several times and it worked fine. But remember something a little bit obvious: if you have copied from a CD which has a problem (scratchs), your data will be recorded with a problem too an you wonīt be able to fix it.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Crazy microwave cd.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+9 February 2003 - 18:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 9 February 2003 - 18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RDanneskjold@9 February 2003 - 12:09
    a cool way to destroy your cd.....just put it in the microwave for no more than 3 seconds...you&#39;ll see it do little lightning sparks all over the cd...like outta some movie or something....looks cool as hell....DONT leave it in there forever though....who know what will happen.....the cd will stink when you open the door....but you&#39;ll have a cool lightening patterned cd afterwards.....post your results if you try this&nbsp;
    Somebody should post some pictures or maybe a video. [/b][/quote]
    heh, wont that break your microwave?
    or the cd will probably not work?
    seems like a cool idea for a design though hehe

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by RDanneskjold@9 February 2003 - 18:09
    a cool way to destroy your cd.....just put it in the microwave for no more than 3 seconds...you&#39;ll see it do little lightning sparks all over the cd...like outta some movie or something....looks cool as hell....DONT leave it in there forever though....who know what will happen.....the cd will stink when you open the door....but you&#39;ll have a cool lightening patterned cd afterwards.....post your results if you try this
    if you cut a grape in half lengthways with a little bit of skin connecting the halves, then put it in the microwave for 60secs, it catches fire....
    stinks too

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I remeber saveing a chocolate bar in the freezer once, so later I wanted to eat it but it was all hard and stuff.
    I put it in the microwave and my friend nocked on the door, so I sorta thought I put 10 seconds but I really put like 99 lol.. I forgot about it cause my friend told me something interesting..then I started to smell it.. Dang it was like super black melted coffie cue... blaa.. smelled like shit

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    microwaves are our friends.. don&#39;t hurt them
    ice ice baby

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast