Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Repairing Scratched Cd's.

Originally posted by Wolfmight@15 March 2003 - 18:58
    I remeber saveing a chocolate bar in the freezer once, so later I wanted to eat it but it was all hard and stuff.
    I put it in the microwave and my friend nocked on the door, so I sorta thought I put 10 seconds but I really put like 99 lol.. I forgot about it cause my friend told me something interesting..then I started to smell it.. Dang it was like super black melted coffie cue... blaa.. smelled like shit
    yeah i did that @ my friends house with a Mars bar....

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    He he he, fun thread..

It may not be so economical but whenever i buy a new cd, a game for my kid or something, i make
    a copy of it right away and stash away the original and when the copy starts to behave like an asshole,
    i just make a new one... No damaged originals here, lol..

Loved that microwave stuff, gotta try it i think..

/Fredrik

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Originally posted by pcve@12 February 2003 - 05:30
    http://www.nomoreaolcds.com
    1,000,000 Unwanted AOL CDs

jippie ka jee
    Heh... Their pictures are pretty funny

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    you've all seen those music videos that are covered with CD's, it would be awesome to do a whole room with ONLY aol cd's hahahaha, and then take a pic of it and send it to the CEO and a the bottom of the email, put "Youve Got Mail!!!!!!!!!!!"

lmfao

yeah, im like half asleep and a lil bit drunk......

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by qwert@14 March 2003 - 15:41
    Most of the scratches are found on the CD plastic film (polietylen film) used to protec the metalic film where the data is recorded, which is usually intact. So, if we polish the plastic film with an abrasive chemical will make its surface regular once again. Most known are: brush paste, car wax bought at supermarkets (donīt try the ones used by professional painters which too abrasive), metal polisher (liquid). Use a cottom bal with the brushpaste, carwax, etc over the scratched surface till it gets regular. Clean it with water and soap and check it out. Repeat the process till you get a good result.
    I have done this several times and it worked fine. But remember something a little bit obvious: if you have copied from a CD which has a problem (scratchs), your data will be recorded with a problem too an you wonīt be able to fix it.
    I believe qwert made a nice summary on how to repair scratched CD's.

I'm closing this topic now, any topics on destroying CD's/Mars bars/Microwave ovens are welcome in the Lounge.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345