Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is American fucked now? Why bother having a bill of rights?

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Not a huge Anonymous fan but still ./..

SOPA is the least of your worries.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Actually, Anonymous is the least of our worries.

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Could they at least transcribe their message and subtitle their vids? You know, just in case anyone that has even a remote interest in watching that shit doesn't have to listen to echoed synthesized voices for 6 minutes.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    The gist of it is that included in this years National Defense Authorization Act is a provision which would allow the US Military to assert that a US citizen in the US was a suspected terrorist and that alone would spell the end of that persons civil rights. It's something which has raised concerns across the political spectrum and it is something worth Americans educating themselves about. Just google "National Defense Authorization Act" and there is plenty to read.

EDIT. Here is a one summary: http://gawker.com/5865089/20-things-...ifying-new-law Obviously it's an opinion and so should be taken with a pinch of salt but, at the very least, it should give you a few things to think about and question further.
    Last edited by temisturk; 12-08-2011 at 02:41 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Could they at least transcribe their message and subtitle their vids? You know, just in case anyone that has even a remote interest in watching that shit doesn't have to listen to echoed synthesized voices for 6 minutes.
    Read the video discription

The did provide a two voice alternatives; a female and low pitch disguise

@temisturk; This is Anonymous we're talking about, I always take their views with a pinch of salt.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    I'm not saying you should pay attention because of Anonymous. I'm saying the Act itself is worth thinking about in it's own right. [ Especially if you're a pet owner. ] Google and find your own favourite political commentators take on it.
    Last edited by temisturk; 12-08-2011 at 03:24 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    They all differ, seems Americans politicians are far winged when it comes to this bill (including their own opinion when explaining). Still it's not different here, it's as if it's the oppositions job to oppose the current Prime Ministers decisions, if they don't then they'll be seen as siding with the opposition. Welcome to the real world I guess?

I'm no longer a pet owner, I used to own a goat but I ate it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Call me cynical but whenever politicians get all up in arms about something they always seems to end up "compromising" on a new line that is just a little bit closer towards centralised authority and a little bit further away from the protection of individual freedoms than the old line.

My prediction is that the safety of US pets and livestock will end up being protected but that citizens will have to accept detention without trial as the price of protecting their "freedom".

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    For this holiday season, I'll be showing you how to prepare a delicious Al Qaeda quiche. Then you can hand deliver it to your state's congressman or senator to show him your appreciation for keeping us safe. I hope you like the inexperience of virgins.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    newsgroupie
    It's funny how the law works. The act of keeping a goat or pig as a household pet will generally prohibit you from ever eating it, since then it falls under the category of a "companion animal" - and as such is entitled to all sorts of legal rights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast