Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The states need more parties

An apt if somewhat disturbing analogy. Swimming is piss is better than swimming in shit, but it's still far from being a satisfying experience.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I dunno, I think the people are pretty finished with these two dirty whores. I've got one that never lets you kiss her under any circumstance, and the other who is always begging you to hit her. The routines get old after awhile, need a variety.

You guys haven't really dissuaded me from the appeal of a multiparty system, not even slightly. It's sort of like if I said, "I'd rather be swimming in a public pool than this fecal sewage", and then you tell me, "no you don't want to swim in a public pool, people piss in them".
    Which brings me back to my original point. Direct democracy: the rest is just semantics.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Which brings me back to my original point. Direct democracy: the rest is just semantics.
    I realize the catch 22 I'm in, I wouldn't trust the states' general public opinion on anything. Their opinions are easily bought out by propaganda, maybe I see a U.S. direct democracy as swimming in Coca Cola (I'd still rather swim in piss pools). I'm actually trying to discover what my political stance is now that I've given up hope on anarchy. I think I'm aiming to empower the marginalized intellectual class of non corporate citizens.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I realize the catch 22 I'm in, I wouldn't trust the states' general public opinion on anything. Their opinions are easily bought out by propaganda, maybe I see a U.S. direct democracy as swimming in Coca Cola (I'd still rather swim in piss pools). I'm actually trying to discover what my political stance is now that I've given up hope on anarchy. I think I'm aiming to empower the marginalized intellectual class of non corporate citizens.
    I hear 18th century France is lovely at this time of year.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    It's never a lovely time of year in France.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    It's never a lovely time of year in France.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345