Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BD25 Remux VS BD50 1080p Encode

I tried to compare (BD25 Remux VS BD50 1080p Encode) which one would result a better quality, but i couldn't imagine it.

(Remux means: untouched video in .mkv format)

So does anyone know, or guess, which one would be better?

Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ElitUser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I am not the expert on video quality but if the BD50 has bigger file size then the BD25 and as it is 1080p ( BD50 ) then I think both has the almost same video quality.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Encodes can be virtually transparent, thus hard to tell. "BD25" remux means all the extras were taken out to cut down on total filesize (enough to fit on the smaller capacity disc). Since you can't tell the difference in quality, why not just go for the one that's smaller or easier to download?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Encodes can be virtually transparent, thus hard to tell. "BD25" remux means all the extras were taken out to cut down on total filesize (enough to fit on the smaller capacity disc). Since you can't tell the difference in quality, why not just go for the one that's smaller or easier to download?
    Assume they are the same size, which one then?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch7 View Post
    Then just grab the remux. From what you described, they shouldn't be around the same size. Either you have no idea what you're talking about, or the encoder is practicing exercises of redundancy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Either you have no idea what you're talking about
    this

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbitch View Post
    i have ideas what i am talking about but cannot put it into a certificate
    Wow good one jdye, for a second there I confused with with pitch.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8

Then just grab the remux. From what you described, they shouldn't be around the same size. Either you have no idea what you're talking about, or the encoder is practicing exercises of redundancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    Either you have no idea what you're talking about
    this
    I'm talking about 2 different sources of the same movie assuming they have proportional picture quality.

For example;
    I downloaded "Drive 2011 Blu-ray 1080p AVC DTS-HD 5.1- HDCLUB" (14.8 GB) (R5 Bluray)

When I muxed it to .mkv and removed the Russian audio; it became 11.5 GB.

So; IF in a different region (lets say US) a BD50 bluray version gets released with better quality, and if a 1080p encode is made of that with 11-12 GB size...

What would be a better choice to download, the BD25 Remux or the BD50 encode?
    Last edited by Pitch7; 12-10-2011 at 11:24 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    When I muxed it to .mkv and removed the Russian audio; it became 11.5 GB.

So; IF in a different region (lets say US) a BD50 bluray version gets released with better quality, and if a 1080p encode is made of that with 11-12 GB size...

What would be a better choice to download, the BD25 Remux or the BD50 encode?
    That's unusually small for a remux. In fact most transparent 1080p encodes are bigger than that. Most bluray video streams I've seen are around 20 GB. I've only seen one region C and it wasn't small either.

Are you still trying to ask me to tell you which one to snatch? If so, how about neither, find a better movie.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    What's your definition of a better movie? And what's wrong with Drive? It's got a 93 percent tomatometer rating and 8.2/10 at IMDB. Which means that critics AND audiences both like it. Or is it that no one else's opinion is supposed to matter but yours?
    Last edited by antipod; 12-12-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast