Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 720p/1080p playback

Hey guys what's the best software to playback mkv files in 720/1080p formats! vlc for once doesn't quite hit the spot

regards

chip

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    A video player.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    newsgroupie
    The other option is not to change video player software, but to install an updated codec pack.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    media player classic is a popular choice chipsteruk. although the other options are nearly endless.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks guys

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You may not have to change your video player. Installing CoreAVC could help - it's an extremely fast decoder for this sort of stuff. If you have a catch-all codec or pack installed, remember to disable it for H.264/AVC so that CoreAVC can come into effect.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You may not have to change your video player. Installing CoreAVC could help - it's an extremely fast decoder for this sort of stuff. If you have a catch-all codec or pack installed, remember to disable it for H.264/AVC so that CoreAVC can come into effect.
    ^^best answer. There was a time when codec packs used to contain just about everything -- free and non-free alike. It seems that K-Lite and CCCP had to avoid the proprietary stuff a few years back, but I wonder if there are any other all-in-one codec packs that contain CoreAVC?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I make a point to avoid CoreAVC. I've only put it into use for 1 computer, and that's only because the performance of 1080p 30fps (HD camera) was so borderline, and hardware acceleration wasn't possible. Only problem is it crashes Explorer when trying to generate a thumbnail of an MKV. As much as I've tested other decoders, I always come right back to ffmpeg-multithread and ffmpeg DXVA. I'm not at all impressed with the newer LAV splitter/decoder.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    best players for 720p/1080p
    Media Player Classic Home Cinema
    Mirillis splash pro

no additional codecs need installed

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I make a point to avoid CoreAVC. I've only put it into use for 1 computer, and that's only because the performance of 1080p 30fps (HD camera) was so borderline, and hardware acceleration wasn't possible. Only problem is it crashes Explorer when trying to generate a thumbnail of an MKV. As much as I've tested other decoders, I always come right back to ffmpeg-multithread and ffmpeg DXVA. I'm not at all impressed with the newer LAV splitter/decoder.
    I use the details view in Explorer, so I haven't faced that problem. If you can live without thumbnails, you can use this tool to disable generation. It has other cool functions, also.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast