Thread: Software To Shrink Dvd Or Avi Files

am looking for some software to convert some movies into the .3gp format so i can shrink them and play them on my mobile phone.

apparently you can shrink dvd's to about 60mb for a 90 minute film, does anyone know what software i need?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    basically, you have to recompress the dvd just as if you were gonna recode to to svcd/vcd ect... what compression a phone uses i dunno, aint got a mobile phone. You will lose alot of quality of course, but I'm sure you know that. This address http://forum.doom9.org has threads where they talk about that in detail, but it might be complicated, like I said I don't have a mobile. good luck

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    apparently you can shrink dvd's to about 60mb for a 90 minute film, does anyone know what software i need?
    Now that is great so why do we have dvd's at all I could use my usb memory stick

I DON'T THINK SO christ downloading movies at THAT size and if you do find it don't let the MIAA know.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by cwctv@14 November 2003 - 12:20
    Now that is great so why do we have dvd's at all I could use my usb memory stick

I DON'T THINK SO christ downloading movies at THAT size and if you do find it don't let the MIAA know.
    im not expecting a full dvd quality movie on a 2"x2" screen, but think about it my friend.

do you really think you could get a full size dvd on a memory stick lol