Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Matrix Revolutions---now Read This Shit

Poster
    Look guys i m not asking u ur lives !! i m just askin u 5 mins of ur time. Plz go thru my post and then think abt the matrix .

Matrix explained

Also ppl can have different opinions !! But then every1 also has a right 2 put his thoughts forward. I think we are quite a mature bunch (The abuses and stupid disscussions not withstanding.LOL.) so stop fighting like that.

All i m asking you ppl is to read my post and then think abt the movie in that way. Of course like every theory this has loopsholes but then i guess nobdy is perfect !!

PEACE !! (srry for the caps)
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
    </span></span></span>

2. Movies & TV   -   #72
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by unreal_dude@6 March 2004 - 01:30
    Look guys i m not asking u ur lives &#33;&#33; i m just askin u 5 mins of ur time. Plz go thru my post and then think abt the matrix .

Matrix explained

Also ppl can have different opinions &#33;&#33; But then every1 also has a right 2 put his thoughts forward. I think we are quite a mature bunch (The abuses and stupid disscussions not withstanding.LOL.) so stop fighting like that.

All i m asking you ppl is to read my post and then think abt the movie in that way. Of course like every theory this has loopsholes but then i guess nobdy is perfect &#33;&#33;

PEACE &#33;&#33; (srry for the caps)
    Ok man I gotcha ok. Now after reading your post in the other thread

I still don&#39;t like the movie&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

The Matrix Trilogy got progressively worse with each movie.
    It ripped off a comic book called the Invisibles.
    I liked the fight scenes in Matrix and Reloaded.

A great movie is one that I can rewatch and still be enthralled.
    Matrix I can watch.
    Reloaded, well I&#39;ll just burn the fights on DVD.
    Revolutions, FART.

I&#39;m not on a bandwagon.

I just really didn&#39;t like the movie. I was very dissappointed.

It&#39;s not like the Star Wars Trilogy or anything. It is on a lesser scale entirely.
    I do respect your opinion to like it but that&#39;s you. Leave it at that.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #73
    Originally posted by Tetsujn@5 March 2004 - 01:40
    well here i thought we were having a mature discussion about the facts of the movie which u seemed to overlook due to your ignorence and hatered of the movie but then u go on and do something so stupid as creating a seperate thread which specifically hates on the film? god how pathetic is that. fanboyism is at an all time high for u my friend.
    Wow...this thread was made before you were a member&#33;&#33;&#33;

I thought fanboyism required being a fan which I am not.

Damn you remind me of a console fanboy yourself, sticking up for your PS2 or Xbox&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Go get some Time Warner stock for all of this hype your sprouting.
    I thought that was to be done BEFORE the movie comes out.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #74
    Originally posted by Busyman@5 March 2004 - 22:31
    It&#39;s not like the Star Wars Trilogy or anything. It is on a lesser scale entirely.
    o man. as much as the new star wars movies fail to live up to the quality of the original ones, overall i would still point to that whole series as sci-fi that&#39;s rewarding in both action and plot. maybe george lucas took too damn long to start making them again, and tried too much to second-guess what the audience wants (instead of doing anything surprising). but the characters, the political intrigue, the way it manages to successfully combine parts from other genres (samurais, nazis, etc), and by making the "good" worlds so cheerful and colorful it creates a contrast that makes evil tangible to the point that it&#39;s like a fog hanging in the background... it has such a firm understanding of good storytelling, which most sci-fi movies just completely fail to grasp. it doesn&#39;t just feel like a lot of empty symbolism and characters without believable motives. the star wars movies may not be my most favorite ones ever, but they are definitely on the list.

5. Movies & TV   -   #75
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+6 March 2004 - 03:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC &#064; 6 March 2004 - 03:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@5 March 2004 - 22:31
    o man. as much as the new star wars movies fail to live up to the quality of the original ones, overall i would still point to that whole series as sci-fi that&#39;s rewarding in both action and plot. maybe george lucas took too damn long to start making them again, and tried too much to second-guess what the audience wants (instead of doing anything surprising). but the characters, the political intrigue, the way it manages to successfully combine parts from other genres (samurais, nazis, etc), and by making the "good" worlds so cheerful and colorful it creates a contrast that makes evil tangible to the point that it&#39;s like a fog hanging in the background... it has such a firm understanding of good storytelling, which most sci-fi movies just completely fail to grasp. it doesn&#39;t just feel like a lot of empty symbolism and characters without believable motives. the star wars movies may not be my most favorite ones ever, but they are definitely on the list. [/b][/quote]
    Star Wars is one of few movies that I can watch again with the same amazement.

It&#39;s funny you mention storytelling. The Matrix does a horrible job. Especially when fans "make up" elements behind the story which don&#39;t even go along with the movie.

Star Wars on the other hand DOES have excellent stories in it&#39;s universe that were not made into movies. Maybe ole George will have to die for them to be made.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #76
    Poster
    u know what? go and enjoy your star wars and LOTR movies. we, matrix fans, have our own series which we love. we dont need some jackass pointing out the faults of every tiny scene (as if jackson and lucas havent made mistakes in their films). as much as u can enjoy the other trilogies u will never see another one like the matrix again. im just sorry for you and your disability to see past the negitive portions of a movie and actually have a good experience. its not my place to tell u what to do but its not yours to tell us what not to. whatever your intentions of this thread were, u have accomplished absolutly nothing except getting a bunch of ppl pissed over your comments. i could care less about what u think of the film. and im sure many will agree. but not only do your reasons reek of stupidity but you have managed to show that u do not care about showing us flaws in certain parts of the film, but rather u wish for us to side with u in your hate towards the trilogy.

im not even gonna bother coming back to this thread because i realise what will ensue. so i can only hope that u see to actually giving a movie a chance and not buying into the reviews and general public backlash.

7. Movies & TV   -   #77
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Well saw this movie last week (waited till a dvd rip was available )
    And i&#39;m really sorry to say but i didn&#39;t like it much.
    I&#39;m one that think that they had to stop after the 1st one...
    the second one did have some kind of story but the 3rd one...
    Everyting that has a beginning has an end... well it came too late for me..
    Special effects were oké but i like a good storie and plot in my movies. I missed that a lot in the 2nd and 3rd. My guess the writer did get trapped in his own ridles..
    Lucky for me.. i saw 2nd and 3rd for "free"
    The 1st one will remain on my all time favorite list... the other ones i probably never watch again

8. Movies & TV   -   #78
    Originally posted by Busyman@7 March 2004 - 20:22
    Star Wars on the other hand DOES have excellent stories in it&#39;s universe that were not made into movies. Maybe ole George will have to die for them to be made.
    too true, busyman. too bad the only TV spinoffs (prior to this new Clone Wars cartoon) they ever made were kiddie shows about the Droids and Ewoks. even if they never made any more feature films, there is plenty of written material that could easily fuel at least one or two live action Star Wars series. the Old Republic, the early days of the Jedi and Sith religions, the home worlds of Yoda or the Wookiees, the adventures of smugglers/gamblers like Han & Lando, etc etc.

imho it would be a lot more worthwhile to develop a Star Wars tv series, than something like Dune which keeps coming back via hollywood & tv. Star Wars rips the Dune books off in some ways, but Dune is all pretension ("pay attention, this is an epic") without any of the sense of fun that Star Wars brings. Star Wars strikes a great balance between politics, adventure, and humor... Dune is too lop-sided, in comparison.

as for the quality of storytelling: who can forget the complete shock they felt, the first time they heard Darth Vader say he&#39;s Luke&#39;s father? "holy crap, that evil son-of-a-bitch is Luke&#39;s dad?&#33;?&#33; wtf. that is so messed up and cool at the same time." prolly one of the most memorable movie scenes ever filmed.

9. Movies & TV   -   #79
    Originally posted by Tetsujn@8 March 2004 - 00:51
    u know what? go and enjoy your star wars and LOTR movies. we, matrix fans, have our own series which we love. we dont need some jackass pointing out the faults of every tiny scene (as if jackson and lucas havent made mistakes in their films). as much as u can enjoy the other trilogies u will never see another one like the matrix again. im just sorry for you and your disability to see past the negitive portions of a movie and actually have a good experience. its not my place to tell u what to do but its not yours to tell us what not to. whatever your intentions of this thread were, u have accomplished absolutly nothing except getting a bunch of ppl pissed over your comments. i could care less about what u think of the film. and im sure many will agree. but not only do your reasons reek of stupidity but you have managed to show that u do not care about showing us flaws in certain parts of the film, but rather u wish for us to side with u in your hate towards the trilogy.

im not even gonna bother coming back to this thread because i realise what will ensue. so i can only hope that u see to actually giving a movie a chance and not buying into the reviews and general public backlash.
    The only people pissed are Matrix fanboys. Get a grip on life man. You could insult Star Wars and I could give 2 shits.

YOU PROBABLY WEREN&#39;T ALIVE WHEN STAR WARS CAME OUT&#33;&#33;&#33;

As I said before, this thread was made before you were a member so if it bothers you so much GTFO&#33;&#33;&#33;

btw I hadn&#39;t seen or read a review before seeing 2 and 3.

I simply didn&#39;t like them. Can I have that choice?

Or do I have to take the blue pill?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678