Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Bashing In An Off-topic Forum

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Alex H@14 November 2003 - 00:38
    You guys weren't following the rules when you bombed Iraq.
    Let him state his views.
    I believe in freedom of expression.

Usualy fellows like this will use it to to their disadvantage,
    and be shown for what they truly are...........
    One way or another

Peace brotherdoobie

2. Lounge   -   #12
    For those that came in late, here is the discussion from Movieworld.

Alex H Posted: 14 November 2003 - 04:10

Newcomer

Group: Members
    Member No.: 66,729

QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 14 November 2003 - 01:12)
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0284850/

Quote from this page:

Plot Outline: A dramedy that centers on a self-procalimed anarchist and his like-minded friends.

WTF is a "dramedy"? YO! AMERICANS! There is no such thing as a DRAMEDY. It don't exist. Just say "light-hearted drama" or better yet, don't categorize it. My local video store has 57 different categories of movies because people can't stand it if they aren't categorized.

HeavyMetalParkingLot Posted: 14 November 2003 - 04:14

Have A Puffin' Evil Day!

Member No.: 38,400

QUOTE (Alex H @ 14 November 2003 - 04:10)
    QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 14 November 2003 - 01:12)
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0284850/

Quote from this page:

Plot Outline: A dramedy that centers on a self-procalimed anarchist and his like-minded friends.

WTF is a "dramedy"? YO! AMERICANS! There is no such thing as a DRAMEDY. It don't exist. Just say "light-hearted drama" or better yet, don't categorize it. My local video store has 57 different categories of movies because people can't stand it if they aren't categorized.

you got a problem with americans?

--------------------

Alex H Posted: 14 November 2003 - 04:33

Newcomer

No, I think they are very generous people. Only problem is they are only generous to people they know. And they don't make an effort to get to know anyone. And they have no concept of world affairs. Less than 23% of Americans have a passport, meaning hardly any of them go overseas and see the rest of the world. And the end result is that smaller countries having local problems (like people running around with American made guns) suddenly get "help" from the US. This usually means the US takes one side and helps them bomb the crap out of the other side.

And they fuck up the English language by making up stupid words like dramedy.

HeavyMetalParkingLot Posted: 14 November 2003 - 04:43

Have A Puffin' Evil Day!

QUOTE (Alex H @ 14 November 2003 - 04:33)
    No, I think they are very generous people. Only problem is they are only generous to people they know. And they don't make an effort to get to know anyone. And they have no concept of world affairs. Less than 23% of Americans have a passport, meaning hardly any of them go overseas and see the rest of the world. And the end result is that smaller countries having local problems (like people running around with American made guns) suddenly get "help" from the US. This usually means the US takes one side and helps them bomb the crap out of the other side.

And they fuck up the English language by making up stupid words like dramedy.

and this deals with a movie how? how often do you go out of your way to help a stranger? a little too easy to sit back and play armchair philanthropist these days. who really cares if only 23% of americans have a passport? why do we have to worry about going to other countries when we have our own things to deal with here. and you do realize that 23% pecent of americans is still roughly 69,000,000 people right? that in and of it self is larger than most european countries i would think. and as far as fucking up the english language goes, unless you speak in thee's and thou's, i think you have done a fine job of fucking it up yourself.

--------------------

Alex H Posted: 14 November 2003 - 05:02

Newcomer

QUOTE (HeavyMetalParkingLot @ 14 November 2003 - 04:43)
    why do we have to worry about going to other countries when we have our own things to deal with here. and you do realize that 23% pecent of americans is still roughly 69,000,000 people right? that in and of it self is larger than most european countries i would think.

I don't know why you guys worry about other countries, and YES America has MORE than enough problems it self! But:

China 1945-1946, 1950-1953
    Korea 1950-1953
    Guatemala 1954, 1960, 1967-1969
    Indonesia 1958
    Cuba 1959-1961
    Vietnam 1961-1973
    Congo 1964
    Laos 1964-1973
    Peru 1965
    Cambodia 1969-1970
    Lebanon 1983-84
    Grenada 1983
    Libya 1986
    El Salvador 1980s
    Nicaragua 1980s
    Panama 1989
    Bosnia 1995
    Sudan 1998
    Serbia 1999
    Afghanistan 1998, 2001-2003
    Iraq 1991-2003

These are the countries America has bombed since the end of WWII. And the sad thing is BECAUSE AMERICANS DON'T TRAVEL, most of you couldn't find even half of them on the map! And yes you are correct in your belief that mst European countries have a population of less than 69,000,000 people. So what does that prove? Do you have any ambition to get off your fat ass and see the world?

It's ok, I know you're trying to be patriotic. You have to do that because everyone in America is afraid the big, bad Arabs will try to take away your freedom. So you gave it up yourselves with The Patriot Act. You think the WTC bombing was a shock? The 21 nations in that list think that too!

But just because you've got a big population doesn't mean you're the best.

And "dramedy" still isn't a word!

This post has been edited by Alex H on 14 November 2003 - 05:03

HeavyMetalParkingLot Posted: 14 November 2003 - 05:10

Have A Puffin' Evil Day!

you forgot to mention the wars that the canadians took part in. if it wasn't for the fact that canada's air force is a bunch of hang gliders, i am pretty sure they would be in iraq now as well.

--------------------

muchspl2 Posted: 14 November 2003 - 05:13

Member No.: 63,167

no one will win so just stop
    every country hates every other country

true story

--------------------

apc kvcd (1 step kvcd) 2 plus hours on 1 cdr!
    different kvcd method
    FREE CDR/DVDR PROGRAMS!
    tmpgeNC
    videolan

Alex H Posted: 14 November 2003 - 05:15

Newcomer

WTF have Candians got to do with it? Maybe Canadians LIKE having a shitty air force: stops them being tempted from copying the US.

HeavyMetalParkingLot Posted: 14 November 2003 - 05:21

Have A Puffin' Evil Day!

alex, seeing as you are new here, i just want to point you to the rules list. you will find rule 2 mentions malicious in there. going around insults groups of people (americans in this case) would fall into that catagory. if you feel you need to show others your nationalistic tendencies, i am sure there are forums specifically for this. may i suggest white storm front, you may find other idiots there for you to get along with.

This post has been edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot on 14 November 2003 - 05:22

--------------------

Alex H Posted: 14 November 2003 - 05:24

Newcomer

Fine, if you're not prepared to have a discussion here, we can go to The Lounge. 5 minutes.

HeavyMetalParkingLot Posted: 14 November 2003 - 05:27

Have A Puffin' Evil Day!

let's reverse this, if i was to come on this board and say, oh, i don't know maybe something pertaining to the fact that your country is so damned lazy that instead of controlling itself, they let some old senile whore of a queen and her faggot of a son an ocean away rule them, you wouldn't like it would you?

--------------------

3. Lounge   -   #13

let's reverse this, if i was to come on this board and say, oh, i don't know maybe something pertaining to the fact that your country is so damned lazy that instead of controlling itself, they let some old senile whore of a queen and her faggot of a son an ocean away rule them, you wouldn't like it would you?
    You forgot about Tony Blair......................

4. Lounge   -   #14
    And aside from Americans thnking they run the plannet...THERE IS STILL NO SUCH WORD AS DRAMEDY!

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Can we just live in peace in this forum? Every member of this forum has no control over their respective government's actions. All Americans are not all pro-Bush, all Brits are not all pro-Blair, all Canadians are not all hockey buffs, all Saudi citizens are not all Muslims (yes, there are Christians and Jews there also), etc, etc. Yes, I'm American; no I did not vote for Bush. And everybody in this forum does not support everything their government does so enough with the bashing.

Peace

6. Lounge   -   #16
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    At least i didnt have click on a link to read it............yawn........

Sorry to dissapoint anyone here, but "bashing" anyone because of race is not cosher and i respectfully encourage you all to stop.

Peace
    UKMan

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Sorry all, that was my own personal little fight with HeavyMetalParkingLot. So let's drop the bashing.

However, there is still no such word as DRAMEDY

8. Lounge   -   #18
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Alex H@14 November 2003 - 08:27
    Sorry all, that was my own personal little fight with HeavyMetalParkingLot. So let's drop the bashing.

However, there is still no such word as DRAMEDY
    Thats better -

However, the word is famous for the fact it DIDNT make it into the dictionaries:
    h**p://www.pseudodictionary.com/search.php?letter=d&browsestart=660

Scroll down a bit and you will find it - interesting anyways....maybe....oh well, maybe not then

Peace
    UKMan

9. Lounge   -   #19
    BANNED
    Originally posted by http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/D/...dy/dramedy.htm
    DRAMEDY

Dramedy is best understood as a television program genre which fuses elements of comedy and drama. According to Altman (1986) new genres emerge in one of two ways: "either a relatively stable set of semantic givens is developed through syntactic experimentation into a coherent and durable syntax, or an already existing syntax adopts a new set of semantic elements." Semantic elements are the generic "building blocks" out of which of program genres are constructed--those recurring elements such as stock characters, common traits, and technical features such as locations and typical shots. Syntax, or syntactic features, describes the ways these elements are related and combined. The recurring combination of semantic and syntactic elements creates a conventional type or category of program called a genre.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Hey, BD!!

Gettin all dramedic now??

a relatively stable set of semantic givens is developed through syntactic experimentation into a coherent and durable syntax, or an already existing syntax adopts a new set of semantic elements

Yogi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast