Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Deskbar!

Originally posted by muchspl2@14 November 2003 - 17:41
    its not like the toolbar is it with page rank or anything is it
    No page rank but still spyware in the sense it collects the statistics of what function you are using in the deskbar. So they know what the user likes However there is an option to disable it when you are installing. read my post on, it has some info.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@14 November 2003 - 23:28
    @Cl1mh4224rd, how is it coming along?
    Pretty damn nifty. I like how you can check out the search results within it&#39;s little window there.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    What I don&#39;t like about deskbar as compared to toolbar is that you lost the functionality of highlighting each word of your search like you could do in toolbar. It was really helpful if the result was a long page and you could just highlit the words where you interest lies. Unfortunately, its not in deskbar.
    However, if you have both installed then it populates the list of word into the toolbar to do the same. But I wanted to chose only one of them

Seems like google has to work quite a lot to make this worth more.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12