Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Children watching television

johnedwards03
    If I chime in, your daughter will surely become a stripper or a prostitute as a result. I will bow out now with only this, only you know what's best for your kids... trust your instincts. They are more resilient than they're given credit for, and we have all surely survived worse.
    Last edited by manker; 07-30-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: please don't sp5m

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by johnedwards03 View Post
    If I chime in, your daughter will surely become a stripper or a prostitute as a result. I will bow out now with only this, only you know what's best for your kids... trust your instincts. They are more resilient than they're given credit for, and we have all surely survived worse.
    Which is she- resilient or a future stripper?
    Last edited by megabyteme; 07-30-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Removed spam links
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    BANNED
    Childrens are always like to watch Cartoon, Funny movie on Television. But,we should give them specific time to watch this. not all day long.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    twins under 6 and the only live action we watch is a few super hero movies, percy jackson, and harry potter. Kids are way more impressionable than you think

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    I can appreciate your efforts, but it should be noted that there are animations that can be quite disturbing as well. Even some of the shows we expected to be tame ended up with age-inappropriate content.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahqaf View Post
    Childrens are always like to watch Cartoon, Funny movie on Television. But,we should give them specific time to watch this. not all day long.
    You fascist dick.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahqaf View Post
    You fascist dick.
    We can only hope his comment led to his ban!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    MysticRiffs's Avatar Super Ninja Smurf
    My daughter's still preteen, and I swear like a truck driver having a REAL bad day. Rightly or wrongly, she's never heard me swear, and I can't even let her watch the old cartoon "anvil dropping" stuff without a twinge. I've noticed that the new looney tunes seems to agree with me, and none of the humour is violent slap stick any more. I earnestly believe that one of the largest problems every country is facing is one of acceptable boundaries. We all break boundaries when we're teenagers. Hell, it's what we're built for. My theory is to bring back the boundaries now, while she's still so young, so that when she DOES break 'em, they're boundaries I find acceptable.

I don't think the watching the telly question is the real question. I believe you're really asking about how to institute appropriate boundaries, if that makes sense. Anything you decide on, regarding the telly, would probably spill over to general communication, books, youtube, music videos, and from one father to another, those bloody tshirts with inappropriate content on them that I used to wear, and now want to rip off the backs of the bastards currently wearing them. lololololol

To name a thing, is to pay it respect.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Hiding the child from the world is not as effective as framing a context for them. I grew up under two very different parenting styles. My father forbade everything and discussed nothing. My mother, on the other hand permitted almost everything and the dialog was open. My father was also an asshole that turned me onto thoughts of suicide and broke my ability to be socially comfortable. After my mother's cancer went into remission, I started living with her again, and I was able to recover from most of the trauma in an unfettered environment. What I learned from all this is that the external impersonal shit in the world plays an insignificant role in development. Any real effects will be imparted by relationships with family and friends.

In short, it really doesn't matter what a child witnesses outside of the home, for its their home environment that will shape them.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Hiding the child from the world is not as effective as framing a context for them. I grew up under two very different parenting styles. My father forbade everything and discussed nothing. My mother, on the other hand permitted almost everything and the dialog was open. My father was also an asshole that turned me onto thoughts of suicide and broke my ability to be socially comfortable. After my mother's cancer went into remission, I started living with her again, and I was able to recover from most of the trauma in an unfettered environment. What I learned from all this is that the external impersonal shit in the world plays an insignificant role in development. Any real effects will be imparted by relationships with family and friends.

In short, it really doesn't matter what a child witnesses outside of the home, for its their home environment that will shape them.
    Good gawd, if I wanted , I'd molest my son then feel bad about it...

Spoiler: Show

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast