4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderator of the Year 2011

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    You can vote for several.
    Advice is useful.

Definitions;
    1.moderator [ˈmɒdəˌreɪtə] http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moderatorn1. a person or thing that moderates
    2. (Christianity / Protestantism) Presbyterian Church a minister appointed to preside over a Church court, synod, or general assembly
    3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a presiding officer at a public or legislative assembly
    4. (Physics / Nuclear Physics) a material, such as heavy water or graphite, used for slowing down neutrons in the cores of nuclear reactors so that they have more chance of inducing nuclear fission
    5. (Social Science / Education) an examiner at Oxford or Cambridge Universities in first public examinations
    6. (Social Science / Education) (in Britain and New Zealand) one who is responsible for consistency of standards in the grading of some educational assessments
    7. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) a person who moniters the conversations in an on-line chatroom for bad language, inappropriate content, etcmoderatorship n

2.moderator http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=moderator
    (n.)Someone who moderates a chatroom or message board. There are generally five types of moderators:

1. Asswipe: Moderator that likes to punish members for little or no reason, harasses members and then punishes them for harassing back or questioning them, or is an asshole in general to those around him, not including his suckup friends, who will respond to his powerabuse with: "lol", "pwned bitch", or "wut a fag".

2. Strict Moderator: Follows the rules by the book, no exceptions. Any rule infraction spotted will be punished, often without warning. Normally dreaded.

3. Do-Nothing Moderator: Moderator that acts more like a member than a moderator, only intervening in serious matters that require mod attention. Usually ignores rule infractions for fear of angering the administrator or stricter moderators. Usually friendly.

4. Badass: Best moderator there is. They are fair, and will usually joke around and let things go if the intention of the rule infraction was not fitting with the reason the rule was created. However, if someone is being a total idiot, especially flaming, they will proceed to argue with them for the sole purpose of getting them to make a fool of themselves, often to the point of losing their cool and posting a last "FUK U ALL!!!!!" message, at which point there is much lulz

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by 100%; 12-19-2011 at 10:29 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I voted for skiz, just cause I'm funny like that.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Cabalo and Tesco are the only ones I've seen in action so far, and they've both been helpful.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    KFlint was staff for a very large chunk of this year. He should be on the poll too.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Sent a request for kflint and anyothers that are missing from throughout the year, they will be filled in, so hold your vote if you want your fav mod in there.

What is a wto editor by the way? New to me..

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    anon edits this: https://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/ And does a good job too.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by temisturk View Post
    anon edits this: https://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/ And does a good job too.
    Thank you.

Yes, that's what it is. A new user group they created to keep the WTO updated. It was slowly suffering from information rot.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I have it on good authority that the site doesn't really have Mods and everything is run by a ill tempered Corgi named Phil.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I vote for Phil. Please add him yourself to the list.

BTW, I heard Phil is in the Illuminati, so he pretty much runs everything, everywhere.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 12-20-2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    I voted for anon. Twice.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast