Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Must See! An A+ Guide To Tweaking Xp

mr-rain's Avatar Member
    B) All the main tweaks and optimal settings which apply to most XP-based systems and put them here in an easy-to-follow format. The guide progresses logically through the major system settings and tools, rather than jumping around from tweak to tweak or by individual device. It's all about rapidly getting your system to optimal speed while at the same time allowing you to systematically go through and adjust all the little visual and personal settings you need to put the finishing touches to WinXP.

This guide is designed primarily for gamers and those who want the fastest performance from graphics and CPU-intensive applications on their machine. At the same time, designed to maintain almost all the niceties of WinXP so it doesn't have a "stripped down" Win2000 feel.

This guide is tits!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Looks Great! Thanks.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Very cool site.

Danke.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    cool site thanks

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    The guy&#39;s a bloody fool. This is where I stopped.

"Installing XP is just the start. Now comes the installation of all the applications and games. Then all the drivers."

Bullshit.

When I install XP (or any Windows) the first thing I do is install Windows. I mention this because he does.

First thing I do with a clean Windows is install my nVidia drivers. Before reformatting, I check www.nvidia.com to make sure I have the latest WHQL drivers. Then I reboot (as required to do so). If I wasn&#39;t running XP, I&#39;d install my Sound Blaster drivers. However, XP supports this out of the box.

Next I install DirectX. Again, I check the site to make sure I am running the latest version. Reboot again.

Then I install Winamp, then Windows Media Player, in that order because Winamp does not require a reboot; Windows Media Player does. After the reboot, I then install the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack.

Next comes Microsoft Intellipoint. (New version 5.0 out&#33 I just love mapping the wheel button to double click. Reboot again.

Networking time. I install Norton Internet Security 2003 Pro. Reboot. Configure Windows PPPoE for my DSL. Connect, run Norton LiveUpdate. Reboot for the upgrade to the NiS engine.

Now I&#39;ve got my system where I want it.

NOW I install applications and games.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I install firewall and AV right after barebones windows, just in case.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarkReality@9 November 2003 - 11:00
    "Installing XP is just the start. Now comes the installation of all the applications and games. Then all the drivers."
    utter bullshit&#33; just as DarkReality said. i install all my drivers first (as you should), then av and firewall and the rest of system tools, then a few windows updates ( ) and then anything and everything

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    lol ppl it is a good guide. it has taught me a thing or two on tweaking...alot of text to read tho. B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thanks, Il Check It Out Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast