Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've Bought An Asus A7n8x-x

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    It seems that a lot of people had problem dealing with the "temperature moderator", a device which instantly shut down your computer if the cpu's getting to hot. It seems that this device has a bug, and does not recongnize the temperature correctly. Lots of users of this motherboard complained about not being able to complete Xp pro instalation, and sometimes not even be able to complete with the boot- disks, as the pc shuts down repetidly. Well at least the motherboard will never burn, but I will have dificulties to cool it enought and to keep my pc quiet at the same time. (I wanna put an athlon xp 2500+ barton as VB told me.)
    besides, the feature cannot be disabled So damn stupid.

Angry french users

Does anyone have this model ?

PS: It might take some time before I can reply to this thread as Perry a moderator put me under 7 days moderation for telling I liked a joke. So don't be disapointed.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I started a thread about this mobo. Have a look at it. But no one including me seem to know anything more than you do about this.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    my brother has this board and a 2500+, i didn't notice him having problems with it while he was at home

i had a quick browse through the ASUS website and didn't notice any thing in the FAQs about the temp. monitor

make sure you update the BIOS
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Gee Leonidas, since you bought this board, why don't you hook it up and then tell us what it does.
    Seems as if you now a week off, so take good notes and report back.

I'm sure sevillano would just love to know what you find out....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    One report in French, another in Spanish.
    Maybe it's only if you set the bios language to something other than English.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    DAmmit i'mm gonna buy this board, don't tell me i gotta get another one
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    @ Keikan: I can't tell for sure that the issue is real: It's just users opinions. Maybe they lie.

@ Clocker: I'm waiting to get sum money to buy the heatsink and the Barton 2500.

Hope this reply comes in time.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    And Keikan be extremly carefull, the seller in the shop where I bought the board told me that it wasn't compatible with ATI.

Afterward, when I red the users opinion about the board, One user said that you can put an ATI on it, but that you first had to install xp using another grapic card, and then switch the two graphic cards. But as I said before I'm really not sure about the reliability of the people who wrote that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    I've used this board on three peoples' systems in the past few months and not had any problems. One of the systems I used it in originally had an ECS mobo that was overheating and locking up due in part to poor airflow around the case.

Asus have released several BIOS upgrades, the first of which addressed 'stability issues', so upgrade the BIOS as soon as you've assembled it enough to get past POST and hopefully you won't have any of the problems that a few people are experiencing.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Smurfete are you sure you're talking about the A7n8x-x and not the A7n8x ?
    And how much decibels were the computer of your friends running. Or could you just tell wich fans and heatsinks you put on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast