Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe's New Face Of Anti-semitism

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    hehe nice. It's out of my hands, I don't really care. I'm not a mod nor will I ever be, nor would they let me. If no one finds it offensive, nothing will happen. If lots of people think it was inappropriate, including the mods, something might happen. Either way, I don't care very much. It's out of my hands. Entrapment is a tool, yes Billy it is. Unfortunately it won't work with me. I'm not gonna flame you. Get over it, and tell your "friends" to do the same.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@15 November 2003 - 17:11
    hehe nice. It's out of my hands, I don't really care. I'm not a mod nor will I ever be, nor would they let me. If no one finds it offensive, nothing will happen. If lots of people think it was inappropriate, including the mods, something might happen. Either way, I don't care very much. It's out of my hands. Entrapment is a tool, yes Billy it is. Unfortunately it won't work with me. I'm not gonna flame you. Get over it, and tell your "friends" to do the same.
    You really do have a bad inferiority complex don't you? Or is it a perceived persecution complex? And who are my friends? The "Illuminati"?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@15 November 2003 - 07:17
    The "Illuminati"?

no comment

/sarcasm off

Or is it a perceived persecution complex?
    your feeble attempts at humour are so bad they are good

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    BANNED
    Well I'm happy to have temporarily brightened up your sad little life.

Let me know if there's anything more I can do to ease your burden.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    well, you could start by not being so racist so things like this won't happen.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    I found it offensive.

To describe someone as a "filthy Jew" and then pretend that it is okay because you placed a wee face symbol after your comment is not, in my opinion acceptable behavior.

Your offensive comments based on race, religion and sexuality are becoming more commonplace. Unfortunately this is desensitizing people, including the mods, to them.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    BANNED
    Originally posted by J'Pol@15 November 2003 - 19:44
    Your offensive comments based on race, religion and sexuality are becoming more commonplace. Unfortunately this is desensitizing people, including the mods, to them.
    Oh, really? My, my, I am a naughty boy aren't I?

If this were coming from anyone other than you two I might take notice. But feel free to gang up, neither of you are much on your own.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Everyone calm down. It was a racist comment, and arguing that jews are not a race is basically semantics (and incorrect)
    While they claim to ban this because of Animal cruelty they have no trouble with animals being experimented in laboratories, also doesn’t stop people from hunting which if you don’t get a clear shot can result in alot of suffering for the animal.
    I can see that the same principle could be applied to hunting, but not really to scientific experiments. The law in question is all about stopping unnecessary cruelty and I'm sure most countries have laws stopping unnecessary cruelty in medical experiments as well. The reason its probably not applied to hunting is because hunting has a large support base in these countries whereas kosher slaughter doesn't, I'm sure the animal rights activists that managed to ban kosher would happily ban hunting if they could. Its probably more a case of people who like animals doing what they can, rather than a spiteful attack on jews.

As for the rise in racism, I think thats just a product of the increasingly multi-cultural nature of many countries in Europe. I'm confident it'll pass with time, though I don't think thats an excuse for complacence. I don't feel theres any particular focus on anti-semitism and i don't think its really worth singling out.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer+15 November 2003 - 01:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MediaSlayer &#064; 15 November 2003 - 01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@14 November 2003 - 17:07
    Strange that they go to all this length about the banning of Kosher slaughter, and how its anti-semitism.......but dont mention at all that the halaal meat is also being banned... ie the meat eaten by Muslims.
    1st rule of Judenhass- When a discussion arises wherein you must defend your anti-semitic agenda, mention muslims/arabs often. This diverts attention away from the main issue, which is helpful for many reasons. The main one being it buys some time in which to react to the attacks on the agenda and plan for a counter-attack.

Some comments:
    I don&#39;t hate Muslims, they are closely related to us genetically. However, the reason that the ban on Muslim meat is of somewhat lower significance is simple. The powers of Europe don&#39;t have a problem with muslims, therefore any talk of any anti-muslim conspiracies is a little far fetched. They don&#39;t see Muslims as a threat, or at least the wrong kind of threat, so there is no need to try to subjugate them. I&#39;m not talking about terrorism here. Can you really blame Jews for being suspicious after the holocaust(burnt offering)? Banning Muslim meat is not some "foot in the door" for some as yet realized anti-muslim movement. Can you say the same about the ban on Jewish meat?

I would welcome the ban of Arms Sales to any country that used them in such a way.
    Don&#39;t make me laugh, Rat Faced. Are you gonna ban arms sales to your own country too? I&#39;ve spent many a nights listening to drunken ramblings by Irishmen talking about what your country did to them. I guess all of them were lying. Oh but I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll try to tell me you&#39;re not really english, or you had an irish grandfather so you "really feel" their pain. At any rate, I think it was a silly statement. Does anyone agree with me? Oh wait, Rat Faced is a mod, so it&#39;s not allowed to attack his agenda openly, otherwise you might get in trouble. So how about that poll Rat Faced? IS facism dead or not?

Also, religion and politics are like oil and water. They don&#39;t mix. At various times, people have tried to mix them, and the results were bizzare. If it wasn&#39;t such a complicated subject, I would comment more, but I don&#39;t want to hijack the thread.

@everyone-I didn&#39;t really have time to digest this thread completely. I wrote this post in great haste, I&#39;m going out for a little while to eat dinner. If I was overly harsh, I apoligize. If I wasn&#39;t harsh enough, I apoligize. I am eager to hear what everyone has to say about this, even Billy Dean. See you all later. [/b][/quote]
    Could you clear this post up for me?

It appears to imply that you welcome the banning of Halaal slaughter because it is of lesser significance. I&#39;d like you to clear up how "Victimisation" of Muslims is not as important as "Victimisation" of Jews.

I&#39;d also like to know how Judenhass comes into it? I never deflected away from the point that Kosher slaughter is being banned; merely pointed out that Halaal meat is also included, which hadnt even been mentioned in the articles..giving the articles a biased slant.

There are cultures that practice just about everything under the sun, are you saying anything should be allowed in the name of religious freedom? I&#39;d have to disagree. All that is happening is a loophole is being closed, and those that practice this form of slaughter now have to conform to laws that were already in place; but that previously the Jewish and Islamic communities used "Religion" as a reason to feel exempt.

If the UK is commiting Human Rights abuses with weapons sold to them by another country then:

1/ Yes, i&#39;d agree that other countries should stop selling them arms

2/ I&#39;d like to know about it, i&#39;m not exactly a "Yes" person with the Government; and i would object strongly.

If you&#39;ve spoken for long drunken nights with Irishmen, then can you tell me of one occasion we have went into Ireland, as a sovereign nation, to bomb the IRA...and kill their civilians?

The UK has a long Imperial past, and has done many things that are shamefull; just about every other country on the planet has. This includes trying to use Chemical weapons against the Kurds in the 1920&#39;s/30&#39;s.

However we&#39;re talking about 2003 now, not the past.

I dont feel "English" as you have said; and do indeed have Irish ancestors...from both sides of the border. However that is not why i dont feel English, and it has nothing to do with "Feeling their Pain" etc. I dont feel "English" as their is no "Culture" to identify with in the word...its just a place on a Map.

The Scots, Welsh etc all have their own unique culture and identity..the English dont. The North of England has far much more in common with the Scots than they do with the South of England; however i&#39;m not Scottish either. This is why I use "UK" and "British" rather than "English".....ie a recognition of the Multi-Culture total; which I can identify with, rather than the closed "English" which i cant identify with.

Saying "Oh wait, Rat_Faced is a MOD, we cant attack his agenda openly" is hogwash.. I post as me not as the board. Every thing a say is what I think....and every other MOD has their own opinions. I find the implication that i would "Punish" people for disagreeing with me personally offensive, and i would hope that I&#39;d have the support of just about everyone that posts on the board in that.

I&#39;ve had disagreements about many things, with many members... I cant think of any time it has become personal, and that i have used any of these "Powers" in that way...if so, half the Board would be on Moderation at any one time.

Is Fascism dead?

Of course it isnt. There are fascists in just about every culture/country in the world. Its something we must all stand against and fight in whatever form it takes, in my opinion. It is on the increase in many countries in Europe, and in my opinion, in the USA and Israel. I dont feel that any country in Europe is a "Fascist" state however, although there are quite a few Right Wing countries. The fact is, that both Israel and the USA, at the moment, are far more Right Wing than any country in Europe. And both are closer to being a "Fascist" State than any in Europe....neither are, but they are closer (especially Israel).

@ Billy_Dean

Yes, I know it was a Joke. It was however offensive to a generalized group of people, without any detail as to why you believe that is so. In addition, those pictures will be removed.

@ Everyone:

There is a pinned topic in "About our Website"....if you find something offensive...use it, or PM a MOD.

We arent everywhere at once, and dont see all Threads, never mind all Posts. Also, just because the Stats show us to be here, doesnt mean we are, necessarily.

Now Cool it, please.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    I will happily confirm that RF does not use his position as a mod to enforce his views. Neither does he punish people for disagreeing with him.

RF - I have to disagree.

The British Government (thro&#39; the army and the police) killed Irish civilians. I believe Bloody Sunday was an example, probably the most famous one.

They also beat and tortured people suspected of being involved with terrorist groups.

They used internment, prison without trial. They invaded human liberties on a massive scale.

I know you are a former military man and that you know these things happened, perhaps they were even the norm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast