Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Europe's New Face Of Anti-semitism

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I know J'Pol, and im not proud of that.... just like i'm not Proud that the UK Government bombed Iraq for 10 years, and denied Medical Aid.

If you read the post again though...I was talking of going into Eire after the IRA, bombing the Republic's civilian population in the hope of "Taking Out" a couple of IRA or similar terrorists.

Thanks for your support.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@15 November 2003 - 14:21
    I know J'Pol, and im not proud of that....

If you read the post again though...I was talking of going into Eire after the IRA, bombing the Republic's civilian population in the hope of "Taking Out" a couple of IRA or similar terrorists.
    I know you see the situation as being analagous, I do not.

The UK Government sees Ireland, at least the South as an entirely seperate nation. As such to act in the South of Ireland would be no different than to act in France, or Spain. To do that would require permission from the Government within that country.

Both the British and the Irish accept this, they are seperate nations within the EU. The situation in the middle east is not the same. The parties involved have a very different viewpoint on what land belongs to whom.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    BANNED
    We didn't fire rockets into apartment buildings; we didn't bulldoze houses in revenge; we didn't take out cars with helicopter gunships;

What we did do was tackle a hideous group of murderers who indiscriminately targeted civilians, who murdered 3,000+ innocent people. Did you ever go to Ulster during the "troubles"? In my opinion, we didn't go far enough, we could have taken many more of them out, but it wasn't politically expedient to do so. The few we took out in Ulster, and the three in Gibraltar, and a couple in Belgium (?) were just the unlucky ones, we could have got a lot more if we'd been allowed. The problem was, we had to operate under a different set of rules to them.

They never allowed human rights to get in their way.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    The British Government operated using exactly the same rules as the terrorists. They just did some of it covertly. To think otherwise would be to display a degree of naivety which would beggar belief.

They perhaps didn't publish in the newspapers the black ops which were taking place, or put the stories in the newspapers, but they went on.

To be accurate there were in fact several different groups of murders involved. The British Government may have chosen to concentrate it's activities more on one than on the rest, however that was not surprising given the background.

That is to say nothing of the points mentioned earlier with regard to internment, torture etc. The people of the North had no human rights under the British Government. Unless you accept imprisonment without trial to be acceptable. I believe (article 6 of) the ECHR has something to say about that.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    BANNED
    Did they plant bombs in public places? Did they blow up pubs? Did they kill 3,000+ innocent victims?

The SAS carried out various "black" ops, as you call them. The IRA claimed 15 of their men were killed in ambushes by the SAS in Ulster, and 5 overseas.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@15 November 2003 - 13:04

@ Billy_Dean

Yes, I know it was a Joke.
    that doesn't surprise me at all that you know it's a "joke". I don't think you will get very many people to agree with you though, it's just lacks that "funny" that a real joke has. The timing of it, was more like a suicide bombing, than a joke. You mean to tell me it was a coincidence? This very intense thread about anti-semitic feelings in europe and all of a sudden a hateful "joke" about Jews? I'm not that naive, sorry. your agendas are similar, even the way you argue is similar, is it any wonder your sense of humour would be similar?now as for the mod thing...
    Oh wait, Rat Faced is a mod, so it's not allowed to attack his agenda openly, otherwise you might get in trouble. So how about that poll Rat Faced? IS facism dead or not?
    i was hinting at something, now i will say it plainly, for all to see and judge. It looks like you condone, or even encourage Billy Dean's racist agenda by using your position as a mod. that's what i meant. Does everyone have the right to say what they want, within reason? I guess now we will see, because I am disagreeing with you in a big way. I only started reading your posts recently(one month or so), and as the saying goes "time will tell".

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    BANNED
    Is calling me a racist, racist? Is the claim that I am somehow "supported" by RF a claim that he is a racist? If RF condoned and encouraged me, how come he suspended me for what I still claim was a harsh decision?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    BANNED
    I've just read back over this thread and if this is what you'd call racist, or anti-semetic, then I think you have a real problem.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    How about quoting in context?

@ Billy_Dean

Yes, I know it was a Joke. It was however offensive to a generalized group of people, without any detail as to why you believe that is so. In addition, those pictures will be removed.
    Billy meant it as a Joke, that was obvious...however although i recognised that fact, I agreed with you that it was offensive. Its called people skills, if you criticise someone without wishing to escallate a situation, you recognise the intent was not that which was forthcoming.

It looks like you condone, or even encourage Billy Dean's racist agenda by using your position as a mod. that's what i meant. 

I doubt Billy_Dean would see it that way. He was upset when i put him on Moderation a few weeks ago...hardly the act of someone encouaging and condoning the poster.

Does everyone have the right to say what they want, within reason? I guess now we will see, because I am disagreeing with you in a big way.
    Yes, and you wont be the 1st, or the last to disagree with me in a big way.

Its interesting to note that you have yet to answer one question in regard to what started this "Argument" off....

ie: How is the Jewish Religious Rights of Kosher meat more important than the Muslim rights to Halaam?

You are as guilty as Billy in your overt "Racism" in this thread..Im sure you wont see it this way of course...

Just to give a little background...I do a lot of my work in Bensham, Gateshead and have many Jewish friends (it is one of the Largest Jewish Communities in Europe).. I am not anti-Jew, as you appear to want to paint me.

I admit to being "Anti-Israel", even to them...with the meaning literally that i believe the countries policies are making them look as bad, if not worse than the terrorists they are "Defending" themselves from.

I do believe they have every right to exist (although I do not believe that the country did when it was formed) and believe individually Israeli's/Jews should have exactly the same Rights as anyone else. I also believe that Muslims/Palestinians should have this right...which appears to upset you.

I also do not think that Jews/Muslims or Christians should have any more rights than anyone else, or have exemptions to a general Law of the Land...you appear to think that Jews should have these...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@15 November 2003 - 14:57
    Did they plant bombs in public places?  Did they blow up pubs?  Did they kill 3,000+ innocent victims? 

The SAS carried out various "black" ops, as you call them.  The IRA claimed 15 of their men were killed in ambushes by the SAS in Ulster, and 5 overseas.

What do you mean as I call them.

You really don't know what you are talking about if you suggest that the phrase "black ops" is mine. It's commonly used, tho' perhaps not in the Executive Intelligence Review.

Oh and yes they did plant bombs in public places, or at the very least assist in it being done. Were you not aware of this ?

With regard to the racism thing. We have discussed this elsewhere. To hide your anti-semitic feelings under the pretense of humour does not make it any better. Like you said elsewhere this is just my opinion.

I have never had the same feeling from RF, tho' that is just my perception. He seems to object to certain specific executive action being taken by the State of Israel, as opposed to being anti-Jewish.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast