Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Just Something

A friend of mine's mom made a statement, thats always stuck in my mind. She said:"Your just as good as anybody, but no better than anyone". I've not run into too many people that agree with that statement. Am I better than a mass murderer, a rapist? Well I think most people would answer yes to both without to much thought about it. But at the time it was one of those things that you understood, by reading between the lines. Her meaning or what I think she meant had to do with prejudices, superiority and ignorance. Does it make me better than someone if I have more money than they do? If I'm smarter? If my skin is a different colour?If I'm from a different Country? If they've been in trouble with the law and I have'nt? What about religous beliefs, or lack of? Where does it start and where does it end? Remembering that statements put me in my place more than once over the years.

On a lighter side,

My dad and I were riding down the road, he was driving, when suddenly a bug hit the windshield and splattered everywhere. He turned and looked at me and said, "I bet he don't have the guts to do that again". I laughed, but it was true. Mabe thats where I get part of my warped sense of humor.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

2. Lounge   -   #42
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@18 November 2003 - 21:03
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If you find the spare parts, let me know. I am needing replacements.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab+18 November 2003 - 22:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 18 November 2003 - 22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-imnotanaddict@18 November 2003 - 21:03
    I&#39;m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.
    &nbsp;
    If you find the spare parts, let me know. I am needing replacements. [/b][/quote]
    boab

If you are making your own idiot, I have a guide.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    No thanks. I am more into rubbing boy scouts together.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@19 November 2003 - 01:08
    No thanks. I am more into rubbing boy scouts
    That&#39;s a matter for you, but the authorities may object.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 November 2003 - 00:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 November 2003 - 00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@19 November 2003 - 01:08
    No thanks. I am more into rubbing boy scouts
    That&#39;s a matter for you, but the authorities may object. [/b][/quote]
    I thought it might start a bit of flame.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345