Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Computer

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    one of those guys up there is rite, the xfx looks cool, but it's not a very good manufacturer of mobos. in the specs, both are similar, although the asus has 4 dimms slots. hmm... for same price, i'd go with asus. although the xfx does have some better components and specs. i mean, my mobo's a powercolor, even worse, but it runs perfectly fine. my old comp had no brand for it's mobo, some hp crap. and it ran fine for 4 years. if u want quality, go with asus. if u want looks and components, go with the xfx. i also recommend trying out soyo mobos.

and btw, i believe both are ok for ocing ur athlon xp, asus might be better if u have probs or stuff like that. it's somewhat more reliable, i think.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Hey clocker, he bit hook, line and sinker too.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Thanks ABU...yall really act like chipset dont matter that much. I guess the Asus is fine with me..but the nForce or Via?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@15 November 2003 - 03:12
    Thanks ABU...yall really act like chipset dont matter that much. I guess the Asus is fine with me..but the nForce or Via?
    flip a coin...Heads is via tails is the nforce, I call tails B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Doesnt nForce also have very good onboard audio? Will it run any faster, or have better bios options?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I just recently bought/installed this board from ABIT. It's the second ABIT board I've bought and could not be more pleased with it. I paid £85.00 for it locally.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tons and tons of really great features...but a lil to exspensive. I think im gona wait till after xmas so everythings cheap cheap cheap!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've used the XFX board, almost as good as the Asus one.
    There is one drawback though. If your pc won't boot because the clock settings are wrong, you have to clear the cmos and start again. The Asus boards will switch back to the last stable setting in that situation so you can try again - a great benefit if you are trying to get the most out of your system or if you are overclocking.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12