Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HD site that focuses/has 720p releases

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I am warming to the idea of 720p releases. I find myself downloading movies that are in the 3-4 GB size range. While there are many 0-day sites that have these, I often have to look around among all of my sites to find a suitable version. One source would be nicer.

Anyone else a fan of 720p releases? Where do you get them most of the time? Is there a site that dedicates itself to the best of 720p? Personally, I can't justify 1080p, and the amount of space they take up. I do, however, enjoy some nicely ripped 720's. I've got roughly 3 MB/sec speed (that's roughly 25 Mb/sec.) and 250GB/month of bandwidth.

Largely, I would like to know if others see a benefit for me to join a particular HD site, or stick to my 0-day sources. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    No 720p speciality site afaik.

It depends on what you are looking to download. If it is new stuff then you wont need the HD sites at all. I download a lot of HD content. both old and new, and have found that I need to use a few HD sites, for seeders and speeds, and a few scene sites to cover all bases. If there is a particular p2p group you like then joining a tracker that gets their releases would be a smart move.

Adding a big site like IPT with 3k 720 HD movies is not a bad choice as well.

For me I get most of my HD stuff from gft (for really good speeds with no ratio pressure) and the older stuff from hdbits, bit-hdtv and hd-bits.ro. I check IPT as well but try to avoid KG for HD as it is a bit of a ratio killer there.

edit: I know you dont mention TV but I have found BTN to be great in this area.
    Last edited by smcewa11; 12-31-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: edit: I know you dont mention TV but I have found BTN to be great in this area.
    LSS #1

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    For newer 720p content i source them from usenet
    for older ones though i find them on Filelist.ro which has quite a formidable collection and may well max out your line on even a 4 year old torrent
    not to mention that all files above 4GB are free

if all fails then i look for them in RuTracker

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I personally love 720p. I'm in the situation where I only grab a 1080p if there are no decent 720p copies available. Size and space isn't an issue, it's just kind of pointless to watch a file in which there's virtually no notable difference on my display (47").

You could go for HD Space, they always seem to have a 720p available from what I remember, and invites are easy to come across.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    anigav's Avatar Dicks-lexic
    I too prefer 720p, as mjmacky said there is virtually no difference between 1080i or 720p on my 40".

You can look at HD-Space, their sign-up is open at the time of this post.

Other places to look for are HD-Torrents, ChinaHDTV, HDCity, Awesome-HD, theswarm etc
    Last edited by anigav; 12-31-2011 at 08:55 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I like Awesome-HD for their Remuxes (an easy source from which to encode), but their 720p library isn't a strong suit. They focus on remuxes and 1080p primarily.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    waffler's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I tend to use a combination of TehConnection/Goem and KG. TC, I believe has a good collection of 720p movies, but then are many movies that aren't present at tc. Have you had a look at PTP ? and, as mjmacky said, hd space too has a good collection.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I just signed up for SpaceHD. That is definitely the kind of site I had in mind. Thanks to those who gave me the heads-up on it, before now, anything with an HD attached to its name made my eyes skip across the page. Like I said, I am just now starting to warm up to the idea of making 720p a preferred resolution... HD is nice, and 4-ish GB is not too much to DL for a decent movie.

If there are more sites with 720p categories, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Ever thought about warez-bb?
    Teh n00b.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I can't remember when I last downloaded a movie that wasn't in 720p, the quality versus filesize ratio is quite appropriate. I get all my stuff from PTP, give it a try if you haven't already.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast