Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Some Advice About A Motherboard

Hi!

I can have this motherboard for cheaper than its usual price: "Asus A7N8X-X"
    Is it any good? I've heard it has a bug with the temperature manager device. Is that true? and if it is, is it an important one?

Sevillano B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    very good mobo, i would get it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I know. You can get up to 3Ghzt DDR, Athlon xp 3200, with usb2, bios update under windows. But there is still this problem with the temperature manager device. Actually this shut down your pc when the cpu gets too hot. But I've heard that the device bug shuting down your pc when the cpu isn't hot. That would be a huge problem.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Does anyone know at which temperature this mother board will decide to turn off the computer?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Hey...Go to my Topic...its about the same mobo
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    around the 85c i think. although you may be able to change it a little higher or lower maybe

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Really! .That would be great. Cos I've heard that you can't disable this function completely. But if you can choose the temperature it will shut down, then it's exacty the same.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    im not sure about that though, you may be able to, but i wouldnt have really thought, as its amd that recomends the cpu is below 85c or it may blow.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    yes but the temperature manager device has obviously some bugs. I've been in a spanish hardware site were people leave comments about the products they buy, and for this mobo 1 user out 2 had some problem with it. various of them even say they are going to bring back the mobo to the shop. A few of them weren't even able to install xp pro as the computer was rebooting all the time during the instalation.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    had a look at reviews on ebuyer, and no-one had problems there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast