Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Romney's chances to become the Republican nominee

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Now that the Iowa caucuses are behind us, what, do you think, are Romney's chances of becoming the Republican nominee? Yes, there is still the New Hampshire primary ahead of us, and the whole bunch of other primaries, but let's start thinking about what Romney can accomplish. I am no Romney's fan, and I want Obama to win the election in the fall, but Romney is more electable than any other potential Republican nominee (in my opinion). The New Hampshire primary is fast approaching. If Romney wins the New Hampshire primary, do you think it's all over for the other Republican candidates? Romney won in Iowa by getting just 8 more votes than his more conservative rival did. Does it mean that the Democrats have to worry because the more electable guy won the causes? (even though he earned his victory by getting just 8 more votes). So, the big question is: Is Romney a threat?
    Last edited by OlegL; 01-08-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Romney is a threat to Obama only if the economy actually gets worse than it is now. Romney is mainstream and wishy-washy, but not scary to most people, unlike most of the other Republican candidates, so he is electable, but only if people see the economy getting worse and they want to change horses.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    And now they say that Santorum, not Romney, won the Iowa caucuses.
    I wonder what will happen if Gingrich defeats Romney in tomorrow's primary in South Carolina.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    And now Gingrich is the projected winner of that primary.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Romney is Wall Street's guy. One of his biggest campaign contributors is Goldman Sachs. Last election, Goldman Sachs was one of the biggest campaign contributors for Obama. They have been saying ad nauseum that Romney is the most electable in the MSM. Let me tell ya something, if you hear something enough times, you start to believe it. It is kind of like a tune, that you may not like at all, played over and over. It sticks with ya and you can't get it out of your head. Personally, anyone that Goldman Sachs supports, has gotta be the wrong guy! And ohh by the way, notice NO ONE, NOT ONE PERSON, has been brought up on charges from that 2008 collapse. Goldman is getting their monies worth out of Obama.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Gingrich is a really charismatic and effective speaker; he's a good debater. Romney seems dull in comparison. According to the latest polls, Gingrich is now more likely than Romney to win in the Florida primary. Now it seems very possible that Gingrich will be the eventual nominee. It will be interesting to watch the Romney-Gingrich debate (Paul and Santorum will also be present) today on NBC.
    Last edited by OlegL; 01-24-2012 at 12:32 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    And now Romney is again leading in the Florida polls. I like the fact that he and Gingrich are pro-Israeli, and I like the fact that Gingrich wants to move the American embassy from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem. After all, Jerusalem, not Tel Aviv, is the capital of Israel. His idea of creating a colony on the moon is interesting... Santorum believes that Romneycare = Obamacare, and maybe he's right...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Romney is Wall Street's guy. One of his biggest campaign contributors is Goldman Sachs. Last election, Goldman Sachs was one of the biggest campaign contributors for Obama. They have been saying ad nauseum that Romney is the most electable in the MSM. Let me tell ya something, if you hear something enough times, you start to believe it. It is kind of like a tune, that you may not like at all, played over and over. It sticks with ya and you can't get it out of your head. Personally, anyone that Goldman Sachs supports, has gotta be the wrong guy! And ohh by the way, notice NO ONE, NOT ONE PERSON, has been brought up on charges from that 2008 collapse. Goldman is getting their monies worth out of Obama.
    It reminds me of the Democratic party's 2004 nomination process. Howard Dean was the early front-runner, but then the MSM talking heads kept endlessly repeating the "only Kerry can beat Bush" mantra (translation: Don't vote for your choice; vote for who WE TELL YOU to vote for!) and Dean was soon out-maneuvered and pushed off the center stage and out the back door, just as the party brass demanded.

And again history repeats itself. Most Republicans, it seems, don't even like Mitt Romney, but they are going to vote for him anyway because, as we so often hear, Romney has "the best chance of beating Obama" -- and people who vote for Ron Paul are "wasting their vote" ... it's funny how easily people can be led by the nose while thinking it's their own decision.

As for Goldman Sachs and the rest of the international bankers, let's not forget that they virtually own the government. And despite their immense wealth, they always need taxpayer bailouts ... just like in the Savings and Loan collapse in the late 1980s - which should have resulted in a lot of well-connected insiders --Neal Bush for example-- going prison. So of course there were no serious criminal investigations in the 2008 disaster, nor efforts to overhaul, regulate, tax, or police the banking industry -- similar to the reforms undertaken after the 1929 crash. And so the revolving door between the banking industry and government spins faster than ever.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    Romney is a threat to Obama only if the economy actually gets worse than it is now. Romney is mainstream and wishy-washy, but not scary to most people, unlike most of the other Republican candidates, so he is electable, but only if people see the economy getting worse and they want to change horses.

Hmmm... the economy does seem to be getting worse, so Romney might be able to beat Obama after all.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    And then we'll see just how much worse things can be.
    Oh boy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast