Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaps From Vegetaria.

Poster
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 01:58
    But you already knew the answer to that question. Or are you genuinely confused whether veggies feed there pet spiders and lizards vegetables rather than insects? You're an intelligent guy, you were baiting.

I did not already know the answer, hence me posing the question.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+16 November 2003 - 01:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 16 November 2003 - 01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 01:58
    But you already knew the answer to that question. Or are you genuinely confused whether veggies feed there pet spiders and lizards vegetables rather than insects? You&#39;re an intelligent guy, you were baiting.

I did not already know the answer, hence me posing the question.[/b][/quote]
    I can imagine a young child asking that question genuinely, but not you JPaul.

Of course an animal that lives on insects isn&#39;t going to eat vegetables. Now you&#39;re not the fool who might, for one second, actually consider that being a possibility.

Admit it JPol, you were baiting.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 01:58
    But you already knew the answer to that question. Or are you genuinely confused whether veggies feed there pet spiders and lizards vegetables rather than insects? You&#39;re an intelligent guy, you were baiting.

you make it sound like no vegetarians feed their pets a vegetarian diet, yet if you had read the thread as you have said you have, then you would have seen links to sites for and against this action. even lamsey stated if it was his choice he would feed his sister&#39;s pet only vegetables.

i think that this is enough to show that there was a genuine question being asked. it may be a sensitive one and provoke a reaction or debate, but that&#39;s one of the main purposes of a "forum" such as this. one of the meanings of forum in the dictionary is - "A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program."

You&#39;re also concentrating on insect-eating pets, when he actually said
    Particularly if the particular pet would normally be a carnivore, or indeed live on insects etc.
    This would mean including dogs, cats and the like.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    If you were to take a closed experimental ecosystem in which the calories available were exactly sufficient for survival and add a group of vegetarians, you would come back later to find everyone dead.

Why would those vegetarians eat all those plants which could have been better utilized by the herbivores. They wasted so many calories, which could have been saved, that everyone starved. Not natural.
    Vegetarians do drink milk, eat eggs etc, so that example makes no sense...

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by the_faceman+16 November 2003 - 01:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_faceman @ 16 November 2003 - 01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 01:58

you make it sound like no vegetarians feed their pets a vegetarian diet, yet if you had read the thread as you have said you have, then you would have seen links to sites for and against this action. even lamsey stated if it was his choice he would feed his sister&#39;s pet only vegetables.

i think that this is enough to show that there was a genuine question being asked. it may be a sensitive one and provoke a reaction or debate, but that&#39;s one of the main purposes of a "forum" such as this. one of the meanings of forum in the dictionary is - "A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program."

You&#39;re also concentrating on insect-eating pets, when he actually said
    Particularly if the particular pet would normally be a carnivore, or indeed live on insects etc.
    This would mean including dogs, cats and the like. [/b][/quote]
    Including cats and dogs, and also insect eating animal such as spiders and lizards. I am indeed concentrating on such animals because it shows that JPols intentions were not genuine.

Yes, it&#39;s been said that some dog owners feed their pets non meat based feed, but that doesn&#39;t mean that Jpol was genuinely interested in learning such things. I might have believed he were, had he not referred to insect eating animals which would no doubt starve to death before eating a vegetable.

It&#39;s not a sensitive subject at all, and i don&#39;t mind a debate. I hear all this crap all the time off people, i certainly don&#39;t get upset by it. Most likely i probably wouldn&#39;t even have got involved in this topic, had it ot been for summerlinda having to defend her lifestyle.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    All I know is if you all continue in this vein, hobbes is gonna start kicking people in the nuts again, and Linda will be the only one left posting.......

One of my cats eats honey and chocolate, another likes frosted flakes and cake (with icing); he tries to eat celery whenever we do, but fails, as he can&#39;t chew it.

The other two are more, um.....normal.

My wife eats vegetables, though not exclusively, but she is not an animal all the time either, so never mind.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Originally posted by summerlinda@16 November 2003 - 02:17
    If you were to take a closed experimental ecosystem in which the calories available were exactly sufficient for survival and add a group of vegetarians, you would come back later to find everyone dead.

Why would those vegetarians eat all those plants which could have been better utilized by the herbivores. They wasted so many calories, which could have been saved, that everyone starved. Not natural.
    Do eggs not come from abused chickens and milk from abused cows? Sort of contradicts your whole stance against animal cruelty.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #48
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Originally posted by hobbes+16 November 2003 - 02:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 16 November 2003 - 02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-summerlinda@16 November 2003 - 02:17

Do eggs not come from abused chickens and milk from abused cows? Sort of contradicts your whole stance against animal cruelty. [/b][/quote]
    No, a "good" vegetarian eats freeland eggs and drinks freeland milk [biological / animal friendly]

We never said or stated that we live 100% animal friendly, we are not vegans&#33; We do our best in the best possible way... we try... we do at least something...

9. Lounge   -   #49
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I won&#39;t even ask how you discovered that your cat like Frosted Flakes and cake j2, ( a combination that would gag all but an eight year old... They&#39;re greeeaaatttt&#33;), but I look forward to a demonstration in a few weeks...

My neighbor&#39;s dog Scooby, who I take care of frequently, is very fond of celery. My theory is that it reminds him of the crunching bones of prey in his far distant doggie past.
    Or maybe he&#39;s just fey.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #50
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by summerlinda+16 November 2003 - 01:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (summerlinda @ 16 November 2003 - 01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 November 2003 - 02:38
    <!--QuoteBegin-summerlinda
    @16 November 2003 - 02:17

Do eggs not come from abused chickens and milk from abused cows? Sort of contradicts your whole stance against animal cruelty.
    No, a "good" vegetarian eats freeland eggs and drinks freeland milk [biological / animal friendly] [/b][/quote]
    vegans do not eat eggs, drink milk, ect, ect, or wear clothing made from leather or fur

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast