Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Chaps From Vegetaria.

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@15 November 2003 - 20:12

Whether or not you believe we are born to eat meat or not is not the issue, nor is human biochemistry. Again, these are your opinons.
    Irregardless of everything else, "human biochemistry" is not an opinion that hobbes has chosen to believe.

I think that it is a science.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 03:12
    If someone chooses not to eat meat out of compassion toward animals, that's there choice, as is yours to eat meat. I think you should respect that.

I agree with this statement. I thought this forum was open minded.

Dogs can live a healthy life on vegetarian food, but, it is more difficult for cats as they need taurine. Taurine deficiency causes blindness and heart disease. On saying that there is vegetarian cat foods with taurine supplements.

As long as your dog or cat is fit and healthy is well loked after and enjoys life what's the problem?

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Wednesday@16 November 2003 - 12:20
    Dogs can live a healthy life on vegetarian food, but, it is more difficult for cats as they need taurine. Taurine deficiency causes blindness and heart disease. On saying that there is vegetarian cat foods with taurine supplements?
    Just give 'em some Red Bull

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@16 November 2003 - 12:47
    Just give 'em some Red Bull
    it gives them wings .....

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Originally posted by Lamsey+16 November 2003 - 12:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 16 November 2003 - 12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Wednesday@16 November 2003 - 12:20
    Dogs can live a healthy life on vegetarian food, but, it is more difficult for cats as they need taurine. Taurine deficiency causes blindness and heart disease. On saying that there is vegetarian cat foods with taurine supplements?
    Just give &#39;em some Red Bull [/b][/quote]
    Is this a tried and tested recommendation?

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Originally posted by Lamsey+16 November 2003 - 13:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 16 November 2003 - 13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Wednesday@16 November 2003 - 12:20
    Just give &#39;em some Red Bull [/b][/quote]
    Oh, so eating Red Bulls is ok, just not the standard ones?

As a dog owner, I know that they tend go medieval on their food. As soon as the Alpo slurps out of the can, you had better get your fingers out of the way, as gnashing jaws are coming through.

So I would say that you should use that response to what you are feeding it as a gauge. Dogs know what they want to eat.

If you put out your veggie platter and you get "the look", then you should probably get him something else. You know "the look"- the dog stares at the food, then looks up at you, then back to the bowl. Translation- That&#39;s not food, dummy.

If the dog nibbles at the food and eats without enthusiasm, you should give him something different.

Bottom line- If you have taken care to ensure adequate nutrition and the dog eats it with great enthusiasm, then I have no problem. But to limit a dog to something that he picks at or eats indifferently or with a funny face (see below)is nothing short of animal cruelty. Eating is one of the few basic pleasures and your dog should not be held hostage by your philosophy.

I really think the enthusiasm part is quite important, because your dog looks to you for approval and a dog always want to be involved in what you are doing. He might just eat the stuff to please you. For example, when my mother was little, she and some friends were all eating oranges and her dog, Fifi, was barking excitedly for a slice. She gave the dog the slice and immediately its muzzle puckered up and it instinctively backed up. But being the good dog she was, she sat there and delicately chewed up and swallowed the orange. Dogs are easy victims of peer pressure.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    and your dog should not be held hostage by your philosophy.
    Thank you.

Yogi

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Just to give this thread a new twist.

Vegetarian Sex
    From the book:
    "The New Vegetarians"
    by Paul R. Amato, Ph.D. and Sonia A. Partridge

Meat-eaters, as we all know, sometimes use oysters or exotic meats as aphrodisiacs. This might appear to leave vegetarians without any suitable recourse. However, as one person informed us, vegetarians use other vegetarians as aphrodisiacs. We were curious to know if becoming vegetarian has any implications for people&#39;s sexual urges, feelings or behavior. 62% of those interviewed reported that thier sex lives have improved. We noted above that a common physical change is for people to experience an increase in their level of energy and endurance after eliminating meat from their diets. Not surprisingly, these enhanced capabilities are sometimes said to yeild certain benefits in the bedroom: I feel healthier and have more energy and vitality. And this adds to my positive feelings about sex. Another person adds: This diet has made me feel sexier since I am thinner and have almost unlimited sexual energy. I have clear skin that is virtually wrinkle-free, even at age 35.

As the women above noted , losing unwanted body fat can enhance one&#39;s sex appeal. Another person put it this way, "Before becoming vegetarian I was fat and unappealing. Now I&#39;m lean in the sunshine and have a great love of life." Certainly, in our culture, slimness is seen as a characteristic of physically attractive people. It is not surprising, therefore, that people who lose unnecessary body fat after adopting a vegetarian diet should find that their love lives improve. For some, an improvement in sexual relations leads to more intimate and better-quality personal relationships with lovers and spouses. As one person said, "My sexual life? It&#39;s healthier, more spiritual, closer and more committed." Another person put it this way: "My sex life is better because I have a better understanding of love than I ever had before becoming a vegan."

Some vegetarians say they couldn&#39;t imagine making love with someone who eats meat. Fellow vegetarians, it seems, are perceived as being more attractive, and sexier, than meat-eaters. As one woman told us, "I find my husband more sexually appealing knowing that he is not a vessel full of decaying carcasses."

Webmaster:
    Male impotency has been linked to eating animal foods. It is said that the same cholesterol and saturated fat that clogs the brain and heart also clogs the main circulation of blood flow to the penis.

Source: eatveg.com

Yogi

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i have a goldfish ..... it eats fish food flake things .... and my last pet before that was a rabbit - they had veg too .......no dogs or cats or meat eating pets over here &#33;&#33;

i want a chiwawa &#33; i would serve it meat though if i did get one

i chose to be a veggie not the dog &#33;
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. Lounge   -   #80
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@16 November 2003 - 16:40
    Just to give this thread a new twist.

Vegetarian Sex
    From the book:
    "The New Vegetarians"
    by Paul R. Amato, Ph.D. and Sonia A. Partridge

Meat-eaters, as we all know, sometimes use oysters or exotic meats as aphrodisiacs. This might appear to leave vegetarians without any suitable recourse. However, as one person informed us, vegetarians use other vegetarians as aphrodisiacs. We were curious to know if becoming vegetarian has any implications for people&#39;s sexual urges, feelings or behavior. 62% of those interviewed reported that thier sex lives have improved. We noted above that a common physical change is for people to experience an increase in their level of energy and endurance after eliminating meat from their diets. Not surprisingly, these enhanced capabilities are sometimes said to yeild certain benefits in the bedroom: I feel healthier and have more energy and vitality. And this adds to my positive feelings about sex. Another person adds: This diet has made me feel sexier since I am thinner and have almost unlimited sexual energy. I have clear skin that is virtually wrinkle-free, even at age 35.

Source: eatveg.com

Yogi
    Vegetable Aphrodisiac

or

This is the Chinese aphrodisiac par excellence

Real bird&#39;s nest soup is made from the nests of sea swallows, found in bat-filled caves on the islands of Borneo and Java. The nests are made of seaweed glued together by swallow&#39;s saliva - oh saliva and seaweed, I&#39;m drooling all over my keyboard, yum&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast