Thread: Looking For Program For Editing Mp3's

I think I've seen the name of the program on this website, but I can't remember. Anyways, I'm looking for something that can edit mp3's, but is user-friendly.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Goldwave

Make sure you also download LAMEWIN32 from that same page. You need it to encode mp3's.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I use the WaveEditor that comes with Nero 6. It's not exactly studio mastering software, but it gets the job done.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    What are you trying to do to your mp3s?

If you are just chopping silence or clicks from the beginning or end of them, use mp3DirectCut

Otherwise, if you intend major editing or repairs, please bear in mind that even if you work on a 128k file in Goldwave or SoundForge, then re-encode it at 320k, the sound quality will be worse.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Smurfette@15 November 2003 - 20:04
    Otherwise, if you intend major editing or repairs, please bear in mind that even if you work on a 128k file in Goldwave or SoundForge, then re-encode it at 320k, the sound quality will be worse.
    Maybe from a technical standpoint, but I've edited hundreds of mp3's with Goldwave and my untrained ear can't detect any quality loss.