Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Megaupload busted!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiccup View Post
    I know it's not mega but I felt it better here than starting its own thread: did multiupload bite the dust as well?
    Hmm, not really sure on that one but I heard there are already plenty of them sites like these two are calling it quits.

Too bad it closed down, plenty of people were using it for legit stuff. Although as far as I know Kim Dotcom was also into some pretty shady business like money laundering and other stuff, that's probably what started this whole mess in the first place. That and probably not playing nice with the RIAA.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    I know it's not mega but I felt it better here than starting its own thread: did multiupload bite the dust as well?
    I was told so yesterday. The files they linked to aren't gone but the links are, so it's pretty much the same.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I was told so yesterday. The files they linked to aren't gone but the links are, so it's pretty much the same.
    This really sucks. I wish the links were around, but now they'll just die out. multi was great for some foreign stuff/educational stuff you can't find anywhere for some reason.

also, looks like rapidshare's done after today.
    Last edited by Hiccup; 02-17-2012 at 07:34 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    What do you mean?

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Now that happens when people trust in link lists instead of a searchable network.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    What do you mean?
    Extreme limitations on bandwith and usage, etc. Doesn't make it worthwhile to really even go there, although there are ways around it.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Extreme limitations on bandwith and usage, etc.
    You were referring to the 30kB/s limit? I just read about that today. I wonder if they already have enough of a following, with the OCH crisis, to play tough and be able to cash on it.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Extreme limitations on bandwith and usage, etc.
    You were referring to the 30kB/s limit? I just read about that today. I wonder if they already have enough of a following, with the OCH crisis, to play tough and be able to cash on it.
    People will just go elsewhere. There's enough competition and the more people complain, the less people will go there. Still don't understand why some places don't go to the over seas places (i.e. IL/RU sites, etc.). Also, It's not just the 30kb limit. That would be maybe doable here and there, its more the fact that their DLs crash and then there's no resume.

BTW, what does OCH stand for?
    Last edited by Hiccup; 02-20-2012 at 04:16 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    BTW, what does OCH stand for?
    One-click hosters. It's another term for these services. One only I seem to use, as I'm asked that question often.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    OCH = DDL (Direct DownLoad)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast