Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    That's a very, very difficult question. On the one hand, compassion for human life is a factor. On the other, the question arises "are we playing God by doing things like that? Is it right to take away that which you did not create?". Finally the person's wishes must be considered too. Sometimes people make specific request for that very thing to happen or not to happen. I consider myself a survivor, so I guess I would request not to be assisted in that way no matter if I was in pain or not. Anyway, it's a hell of a decision for any person to make. I don't know what I would do.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes on both counts.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    you people might say yes now

but if you were really in this situation do you really think you will be thinking like this?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by scribblec@16 November 2003 - 00:25

but if you were really in this situation do you really think you will be thinking like this?
    i'd think of how badly the person i loved was suffering
    if i knew there was no chance they'd 'come back' then i know i could give the instruction without the burden of guilt

this situation has happened close to me before
    the right decision was made then
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ex-member
    Yes and yes - but only if there was absolutely zero probability of them recovering.

It would still wrench my guts out to do it though

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by scribblec@16 November 2003 - 01:25

Yes

7. Lounge   -   #17
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yes I would...both, I&#39;ve seen deterioration, and would hope someone would do the same for me, if you have no quality of life what is the point in living?

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #18
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    1. Yes

2. it should be the person in subject themself who makes the decision if their life is worth continuing, if they think it isn&#39;t then yes - unless they aren&#39;t in the position to decide, then i&#39;m not sure, too hard to imagine
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

9. Lounge   -   #19
    i&#39;ve already said yes and yes earlier, but thought i&#39;d add this.

i&#39;ve told those closest to me before that if i&#39;m in a condition that i&#39;m in pain or become mentally and physically disabled to a point where i don&#39;t have any quality of life that they should "ease my passage".

I&#39;ve also told them that if i&#39;m ever in a coma then they should give me at around 2 months to try and snap out of it. If there seems to be no lights on then they should go ahead and help me find the exit door. I wouldn&#39;t want to put them through waiting for the unlikely any longer than that.

Just in thinking about it, i&#39;d like the doctors to take my sperm (if healthy of course), to help someone who can&#39;t have kids, in the sense that i&#39;d like a part of me to live on in some way. (this is of course, if i haven&#39;t married and had kids of my own at this point.)

The_Faceman (still alive and kicking)

10. Lounge   -   #20
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Yes to both.

I watched my grandfather die of throat cancer about 5 years ago, the tumor was in such a spot that he could no longer eat and swallow and he was 92 years old, so surgery was out of the question. He was a stubborn man and kept removing the IV from his arm when the nurses weren&#39;t around, so he didn&#39;t really have anything to combat the pain, or to nourish his body. Basically, he starved to death.

My mother and her siblings, had the power to put an end to this and did not. For that I will never forgive them.

How is it that when it comes to our pets we can do the humane thing and end their pain and suffering but people find it wrong with it&#39;s a human being?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast