Thread: Ie6 Proxy Server Setup

I'm wanting to use a Proxy Server on IE6 and need to know the right way going about doing that. Iv'e read from various places..this way and that way..and never seems to work...when i go to test it out...IP is still revealed? Any help would be would be Great. Thanks in Advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can take a look here and try it out.
    Proxy Help Thread
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    been trying all day to get it to work..Iv&#39;e read through all those posts that you suggested. Even went and tested things through that Computer Cops website..and the IP is not conceiled...but rather is still shown...So i&#39;m kind of at a loss as to what i&#39;m dong wrong on my end

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It shouldn&#39;t be too hard. Just pick a proxy from the list in the link given or search google for anonymous proxies and choose the best one there. Then just add it in the IE options and it should work.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    what do u mean by shown? Your true ip is shown or your proxy ip is shown? Where are you checking ur ip?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I. am ..I&#39;m referring to the "This" link that you made on the "Proxy Tunnel" Post. On that page for Computer Cops upper left side of page is a link to REVEAL IP..when i tried using that...the info Reflected my IP..and NO Proxy Server IP/Address Info what so ever.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I just saw your pm, I have replied to you as well. Let me know if that helps.

I didnt read earlier that you went to Computer Cops website.

For others:
    Computer Cops have a very subtle way of finding out ip&#39;s unlike many others. So its hard to fool them. They display your proxy ip and then tunnel through that to your original desination ip. You need to chain some proxies together in a way to fool it.

-Best wishes
    --I.am