Page 1 of 74 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: BitTorrent Trackers DOWN or BACK UP

Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Unsure

Here is where you ask whether a tracker is down or not, so that the questions are centralized and there are less excess threads.

I didn't find any thread on this, so I suppose I should start one. Mods, if this is a bad idea, please delete.

I'll start. Is Bitme down for anyone else besides me?

Use http://host-tracker.com/ to see if a tracker is down!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Any news whether BCG is planning to deploy any DDOS protection and then come back ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    pjcnet's Avatar BCG Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by absent_today View Post
    Any news whether BCG is planning to deploy any DDOS protection and then come back ?
    Staff and host are working on a solution which we are hoping will resolve the ongoing issues and get us back online, but it could still take a few days yet, maybe a little longer I'm afraid. Thanks again for everyone's support and patience.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lol

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Can I suggest that investment in Cloudflare might be well worth it for those who have not already thought about it ?
    It is especially worth it for the medium sized sites I would think.........#

(I have no connection whatsoever with Cloudflare apart from being connected with a site that has managed to continue to operate thanks to its services )

One minor problem is that it may cause some connection problems with clients during heavy DDoS attacks, especially uT..... - I wonder why ?
    Last edited by Fatal01; 03-01-2014 at 03:39 AM.
    Fatal01

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Its just that stoi is lazy ass

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    pjcnet's Avatar BCG Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal01 View Post
    Can I suggest that investment in Cloudflare might be well worth it for those who have not already thought about it ?
    It is especially worth it for the medium sized sites I would think.........#

(I have no connection whatsoever with Cloudflare apart from being connected with a site that has managed to continue to operate thanks to its services )

One minor problem is that it may cause some connection problems with clients during heavy DDoS attacks, especially uT..... - I wonder why ?
    Regarding BCG downtime: Thanks for the advice. A month ago however (see page 93 of this thread) Stoi stated that he couldn't afford the $200 for Cloudflare or he would have got it 2 weeks ago at the time ($200 a month is just the starting price of any reasonable DDoS protection, if this proves not to be sufficient then higher protection can cost stupid amounts of money, E.g. $1000s). Since then we have suffered a whole month of disruption caused entirely by repeated botnet attacks that has forced our host to null route us each time to regain control over the pipe. Null routing has also been the only way to help prevent us from being charged extra for the massive amount of excess bandwidth from the DDoS attacks which would otherwise be many times our normal usage. Obviously with all the downtime the financial situation has far from improved a month on. The whole situation has been as frustrating for the staff as it is for our members, if not more. All is not lost however, it is taking a bit longer than initially hoped and this is unfortunately beyond our control, but as I have already stated we do have a solution that will get us back online and cross fingers it help us stay that way so things can get back to normal. I can't be certain how long and we will probably be offline for a few more days at least, but we will be back as soon as we possibly can.

Far from it - Stoi has and is continuing to do everything he can for the good of the site.

PS: Even if Cloudflare could be afforded it may not be a permanent solution anyway, even though they seem to be tolerating file sharing sites at the moment their terms and conditions aren't fully file sharing friendly so it's arguable whether there could be possible problems in future, I think this would be very likely if they are ever put under any scrutiny or if they received complaints. Alternative DDoS protection that is fully file sharing friendly would most probably cost a lot more still.
    Last edited by pjcnet; 03-02-2014 at 08:41 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Magnum's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    IPlay down

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Hazardous's Avatar Material
    tD down

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcnet View Post
    Regarding BCG downtime: Thanks for the advice. A month ago however (see page 93 of this thread) Stoi stated that he couldn't afford the $200 for Cloudflare or he would have got it 2 weeks ago at the time ($200 a month is just the starting price of any reasonable DDoS protection, if this proves not to be sufficient then higher protection can cost stupid amounts of money, E.g. $1000s). Since then we have suffered a whole month of disruption caused entirely by repeated botnet attacks that has forced our host to null route us each time to regain control over the pipe. Null routing has also been the only way to help prevent us from being charged extra for the massive amount of excess bandwidth from the DDoS attacks which would otherwise be many times our normal usage. Obviously with all the downtime the financial situation has far from improved a month on. The whole situation has been as frustrating for the staff as it is for our members, if not more. All is not lost however, it is taking a bit longer than initially hoped and this is unfortunately beyond our control, but as I have already stated we do have a solution that will get us back online and cross fingers it help us stay that way so things can get back to normal. I can't be certain how long and we will probably be offline for a few more days at least, but we will be back as soon as we possibly can.

Far from it - Stoi has and is continuing to do everything he can for the good of the site.

PS: Even if Cloudflare could be afforded it may not be a permanent solution anyway, even though they seem to be tolerating file sharing sites at the moment their terms and conditions aren't fully file sharing friendly so it's arguable whether there could be possible problems in future, I think this would be very likely if they are ever put und any scrutiny or if they received complaints. Alternative DDoS protection that is fully file sharing friendly would most probably cost a lot more still.
    How are other sites managing DDOS everyone has CloudFare and not sure why BCG wont be able to afford ?

Page 1 of 74 12341151 ... LastLast