Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    How strange that Al_X's TV only gets one station which sadly I can't use as an excuse for (attempting) to watch

Cross http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046245/

A very strong contender for worst thing that I have ever seen.Note I said thing not movie and I've seen fluffy bunnies die.

I presume that it was originally intended to be a more or less straight retelling of some comic book that I have never heard of but somewhere along the line someone involved realized just how terrible it was and decided to try and make it something else.Although what I have no idea as it isn't funny or exciting or intelligible just very ,very, very weird.

Other than that the whole thing looks incredibly cheap , the actors seem to be ad-libbing everything ( talking Brian Austin Green and not Christopher Guest here btw) and not just their lines but their actions as well.The scene when they enter "the warehouse" as a supposed well-trained commando unit is something that your average six year old could have directed more believably.
    Anyway I have no idea how it all turned out as I could not force myself to watch much after that part.

My advice is if you have a choice between watching Cross and slowly peeling off one of your own fingernails ,do the wise thing and choose the latter.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

A very strong contender for worst thing that I have ever seen.Note I said thing not movie and I've seen fluffy bunnies die.
    You probably need to explain how and why you attempted to watch this movie. I gathered within a couple of minutes that this would be utter shit. Then, afterwards, I went to watch the trailer to see how one could easily be fooled into thinking it might be a cool movie, but then I remembered to unmute my speakers.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think you've been jaded enough if you're able to walk straight into this trap, Idol.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbitch View Post
    hi mjmaky how r u ? i am fucked.. i am trying to quit smoking .. my lips are about to fall off... how long should i continue smoking ? new year is not yet here ....
    hi jdye, keep smoking until both your lips and fingertips fall off, then buy a smaller keyboard. Try to do it before new year.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbitch View Post
    its like i am on standby.. what should i do when i am on standby
    Pull the plug.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

You probably need to explain how and why you attempted to watch this movie. I gathered within a couple of minutes that this would be utter shit. Then, afterwards, I went to watch the trailer to see how one could easily be fooled into thinking it might be a cool movie, but then I remembered to unmute my speakers.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think you've been jaded enough if you're able to walk straight into this trap, Idol.
    Sometimes bad can be good ,unfortunately sometimes bad can also be awful.

Anyone like to suggest a movie to me that centers around idealism and heroism ,is good(ish) , not a metaphor for anything and I haven't seen 3 times already I would be much obliged.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    chalice's Avatar ____________________

Sometimes bad can be good ,unfortunately sometimes bad can also be awful.

Anyone like to suggest a movie to me that centers around idealism and heroism ,is good(ish) , not a metaphor for anything and I haven't seen 3 times already I would be much obliged.
    The only things that spring immediately to mind are A Man For All Seasons and Into The Wild.

The former I know you've seen at least 17 times, but watch it anyway. It rawks. You know you want to. The latter, well, chances are you've seen that too.

What do you buy for the man who has everything.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    The thing.

8/10

it was good.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Gee, I thought Al's response was far superior to your average sub-10 post invite vampire.
    It had a beginning, a middle and an end...bonus points for excluding a rating scale.

I'm afraid however, that major points will be deducted for Bachmannesque inconsistencies betwixt the opening- "I like this film, lots of actions" (sic)- and the closing- "Not a movie I watch, if I have a choice".
    I was going to go with a less sarcastic post right up until the last bit.... posting that he watched the movie because there was nothing else on removed all credibility (along with most of the I.Q. points previously credited). If the best he could come with is I watched it because there was nothing else on, he really doesn't have a fucking clue, he is just clueless in a different way to nimrods like the one above with the moronic rating scale.
    We really should start up a game show though, look at all the fabulous contestants, a sort of cross between the amazingly stupid race and Takeshi's castle would be great to see.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    The only things that spring immediately to mind are A Man For All Seasons and Into The Wild.
    I feel like my thought processes are forcing me to recommend Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003).

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post

The former I know you've seen at least 17 times, but watch it anyway. It rawks. You know you want to. The latter, well, chances are you've seen that too.

What do you buy for the man who has everything.
    Good movies and appropriate this being the Holidays that the heroes both die horribly.
    Not to mention one for faith and the other one after wandering around in the wilderness a bit.

I feel like my thought processes are forcing me to recommend Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003).
    I probably should have mentioned that I apparently have strange ideas of what can be termed heroic.

You know like Wil Kane or Hawkeye or the woman who puts up with chalice.

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast